RE: [Yuricon] summary of Marimite ep 13

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2004
      >From: Erin Subramanian <es006j@...>

      >Spoilers ahead, read at your own risk...

      yay!

      >.
      >.
      >.
      >.
      >.
      >.
      >.
      >.
      >.
      >.
      >.

      >Yoshino is still bummed about Rei's date with Chisato, but decides that
      >she will have to just have fun on her home, since it's a day off from
      >school after all. She goes shopping.

      "Retail therapy" - it works for me. :-)

      >Shizuka says to Shimako, "If Rosa Gigantea didn't exist, we might have
      >become soeurs. But Rosa Gigantea exists." Then Shimako says, "We both
      >care for her greatly." Then Shizuka asks if Shimako likes the song "Ave
      >Maria," and when Shimako says yes, she proceeds to sing the Bach/Gounoud
      >version of it (in latin, but not with the usual "Ave Maria" prayer
      >lyrics... O_o Also a friend of mine mentioned that it is actually the
      >seiyuu for Shizuka who is singing and not an outside singer. Wow!)

      Yeah, I'm impressed. It's always obvious which seiyuu have singing training
      - you can hear it in the way tanaka mayumi belts out the high notes as Luffy
      in One Piece, too. :-)

      >Shimako comes back to the second-floor room of the Rose Mansion and
      >finds Sei there. Sei says that she was called there by Shizuka. Shimako
      >says she missed Sei and cries on her. Sei tells Shimako that it's okay
      >to cry and show weakness. Then Sei mentions that spring will come soon,
      >and both remember that they met last spring...

      Waaah - that was so beautiful....

      >IMO a nice note for the first season to end on. :)

      I've been out of the loop - do we know that a second season is in the
      offing?

      Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1!
      (Limited-time offer)
    • atua101
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2, 2004

        SPOILERS FOR EP 13

        > >Shizuka says to Shimako, "If Rosa Gigantea didn't exist, we might
        have
        > >become soeurs. But Rosa Gigantea exists." Then Shimako says, "We
        both
        > >care for her greatly." Then Shizuka asks if Shimako likes the song
        "Ave
        > >Maria," and when Shimako says yes, she proceeds to sing the
        Bach/Gounoud
        > >version of it (in latin, but not with the usual "Ave Maria" prayer
        > >lyrics... O_o Also a friend of mine mentioned that it is actually
        the
        > >seiyuu for Shizuka who is singing and not an outside singer. Wow!)

        I loved Shizuka's seiyuu's singing in the Rosa Canina arc, so I'm
        really happy to hear that she'll be doing it again this ep. ^^

        > I've been out of the loop - do we know that a second season is in
        the
        > offing?

        There's no offical announcement yet, but it seems that Ali Project
        let
        the cat out of the bag when they announced on their website that
        they'll be working on the background music for Marimite season 2. The
        announcement has since been changed.

        ~atua
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2004
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atua101" <atua@i...> wrote:

          > > I've been out of the loop - do we know that a second season is in
          > > the offing?
          > >

          > There's no offical announcement yet, but it seems that Ali Project
          > let
          > the cat out of the bag when they announced on their website that
          > they'll be working on the background music for Marimite season 2.
          The
          > announcement has since been changed.

          So, no real confirmation, then. I remember the announcement, but I'm a
          skeptical lass, and one off-hand reference does not a second season
          make. Funimation said about three times that they had the rights to
          One Piece, but just announced this winter that they really don't,
          sorry, our bad. :-)

        • mellowrg
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 3, 2004
            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atua101" <atua@i...> wrote:
            >

            > > > I've been out of the loop - do we know that a second season is
            in
            > > > the offing?
            > > >

            > > There's no offical announcement yet, but it seems that Ali Project
            > > let
            > > the cat out of the bag when they announced on their website that
            > > they'll be working on the background music for Marimite season 2.
            > The
            > > announcement has since been changed.
            >
            > So, no real confirmation, then. I remember the announcement, but
            I'm a
            > skeptical lass, and one off-hand reference does not a second season
            > make. Funimation said about three times that they had the rights to
            > One Piece, but just announced this winter that they really don't,
            > sorry, our bad. :-)

            Mari-mite has a history of letting cats out of the bag. Sometimes I
            wonder if it's intentional or not.

            Shiori's voice actress once confirmed in her blog that Shiori would
            make an appearance in episodes 10 and 11, only to change that entry
            hours later.

            The voice actress for Sei's onee-sama did the same, and "corrected"
            her blog hours later.

            Likewise, Ali-Project confirmed they were working on season two in
            their blog, but they later changed it to "a certain anime" hours
            later.

            Regardless, considering it's solid ratings, I would say that let's
            just go by logic and say season 2nd will come eventually.
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 3, 2004
              >From: "mellowrg" <cyfith@...>

              >Mari-mite has a history of letting cats out of the bag. Sometimes I
              >wonder if it's intentional or not.

              LOL

              >Regardless, considering it's solid ratings, I would say that let's
              >just go by logic and say season 2nd will come eventually.

              I'll certainly hope so!

              Persistent heartburn? Check out Digestive Health & Wellness for information
              and advice. http://gerd.msn.com/default.asp
            • barahime@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 3, 2004
                > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atua101"

                > Shiori's voice actress once confirmed in her blog
                > that Shiori would
                > make an appearance in episodes 10 and 11, only to
                > change that entry
                > hours later.

                Out of curiosity, who is Shiori's seiyuu (and the
                seiyuu for Shizuka and Mifuyu, for that matter)? I
                haven't been able to find the information anywhere,
                and the seiyuu fangirl in me is crying out to know!

                Speaking of which, here's something I found while
                searching for said information that I thought I'd
                share: Marimite window sitters! These are, for those
                that don't know, cute little animated figures that
                'sit' on the topmost open window you have on your
                computer, so you can watch Sei blow kisses or Yumi
                make funny faces while you work. There are ten of
                them, all the Roses and their soeurs plus Tsutako
                Shizuka, and they're at
                http://kurumi.sakura.ne.jp/~chimari/macopix/dl-e.html

                ~Nanchan
                *keeping her fingers crossed for a second season*

              • mellowrg
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 3, 2004
                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "barahime@y..." <barahime@y...> wrote:

                  > Out of curiosity, who is Shiori's seiyuu (and the
                  > seiyuu for Shizuka and Mifuyu, for that matter)? I
                  > haven't been able to find the information anywhere,
                  > and the seiyuu fangirl in me is crying out to know!

                  Shiori's voice actress is Nakagawa Akiko:
                  http://sdb.noppo.com/akiko_n.htm

                  Shizuka's voice actress is only listed as Rino. It's obviously a
                  pseudonym, which leads me to believe that she's actually a songstress
                  in real life too.
                • barahime@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 3, 2004
                    --- mellowrg <cyfith@...> wrote:
                    > Shiori's voice actress is Nakagawa Akiko:
                    > http://sdb.noppo.com/akiko_n.htm
                    >
                    > Shizuka's voice actress is only listed as Rino. It's
                    > obviously a
                    > pseudonym, which leads me to believe that she's
                    > actually a songstress
                    > in real life too.

                    Ah, thanks so much for the info! Rino I actually know
                    of; she's a frequent collaborator with pop singer
                    CooRie (or maybe just another alias of CooRie's) and
                    has done a few songs for Da Capo. But her vocals in
                    those songs are so light and poppy that I'd never have
                    matched Shizuka's sultry voice to her. Here's hoping
                    she does more acting in the future ^_-

                    ~Nanchan