Re: [Yuricon] [Some of the end bits are on topic] Back from the UK

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
      On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 19:33:46 -0000, "atheniag"
      <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

      > Rested from days of no human contact (not counting the multitudes of
      > wait staff that brought me food and drink) and an average of 5 miles
      > and 3 museums/landmarks a day, I have returned.

      Woo. :)

      Glad to hear you got back in the correct number of pieces.

      > Thirdly, the two showings of Utena went well. Not hugely attended,
      > maybe 200 on Tuesday and 60 or so on Wednesday. On Tuesday, we had a
      > Q&A session after the movie, which was pretty fun.

      ...and curse your evil powers for seeing through my careful camouflage.

      A pity we didn't have more time, really - I'd've loved to debate with
      you a bit on your theories about the meanings of the various Utena
      stories again...

      (Good sigmonster.)
      .oO("Give me the power to revolutionise the... Wolrd of Ironing!" )
    • Chalcahuite
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
        On Apr 2, 2004, at 2:33 PM, atheniag wrote:

        > Rested from days of no human contact (not counting the multitudes of
        > wait staff that brought me food and drink) and an average of 5 miles
        > and 3 museums/landmarks a day, I have returned.

        Welcome back. It's been quiet here for the most part. I'm sure the 5
        miles/3 museums a day was imminently relaxing and enjoyable, but it
        actually sounds a bit busy.

        > Lastly, this weekend I am planning on a special offer for all of you:
        >
        > We are literally days away from getting the new translated ALC comic,
        > "WORKS" by Tadeno Eriko, back from the printer. To celebrate the
        > arrival of the next pure yuri manga to hit the English-language scene,
        > and my almost liking people once again after my vacation, all members
        > of this mailing list will get a special pre-publication price, with
        > big-ass discount. :-) Check back for more details, coming soon!

        Score! Maybe you need to take more vacations. ;)

        -==-
        Serge