[Some of the end bits are on topic] Back from the UK

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
      Rested from days of no human contact (not counting the multitudes of
      wait staff that brought me food and drink) and an average of 5 miles
      and 3 museums/landmarks a day, I have returned.

      Firstly, let me say that the London Lesbian Gay Film Festival staff
      was the NICEST group of people - generous, kind, and really fun. I
      hope to visit them again in the future. And they gave me a very cool
      T-shirt.

      Secondly, in the past two decades, I have visited the UK many a time
      and it is with pleasure that I can confidently announce that both food
      and toilet paper are infinitely improved. :-)

      Thirdly, the two showings of Utena went well. Not hugely attended,
      maybe 200 on Tuesday and 60 or so on Wednesday. On Tuesday, we had a
      Q&A session after the movie, which was pretty fun.

      Lastly, this weekend I am planning on a special offer for all of you:

      We are literally days away from getting the new translated ALC comic,
      "WORKS" by Tadeno Eriko, back from the printer. To celebrate the
      arrival of the next pure yuri manga to hit the English-language scene,
      and my almost liking people once again after my vacation, all members
      of this mailing list will get a special pre-publication price, with
      big-ass discount. :-) Check back for more details, coming soon!

    • Adam Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
        On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 19:33:46 -0000, "atheniag"
        <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

        > Rested from days of no human contact (not counting the multitudes of
        > wait staff that brought me food and drink) and an average of 5 miles
        > and 3 museums/landmarks a day, I have returned.

        Woo. :)

        Glad to hear you got back in the correct number of pieces.

        > Thirdly, the two showings of Utena went well. Not hugely attended,
        > maybe 200 on Tuesday and 60 or so on Wednesday. On Tuesday, we had a
        > Q&A session after the movie, which was pretty fun.

        ...and curse your evil powers for seeing through my careful camouflage.

        A pity we didn't have more time, really - I'd've loved to debate with
        you a bit on your theories about the meanings of the various Utena
        stories again...

        (Good sigmonster.)
        .oO("Give me the power to revolutionise the... Wolrd of Ironing!" )
      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
          On Apr 2, 2004, at 2:33 PM, atheniag wrote:

          > Rested from days of no human contact (not counting the multitudes of
          > wait staff that brought me food and drink) and an average of 5 miles
          > and 3 museums/landmarks a day, I have returned.

          Welcome back. It's been quiet here for the most part. I'm sure the 5
          miles/3 museums a day was imminently relaxing and enjoyable, but it
          actually sounds a bit busy.

          > Lastly, this weekend I am planning on a special offer for all of you:
          >
          > We are literally days away from getting the new translated ALC comic,
          > "WORKS" by Tadeno Eriko, back from the printer. To celebrate the
          > arrival of the next pure yuri manga to hit the English-language scene,
          > and my almost liking people once again after my vacation, all members
          > of this mailing list will get a special pre-publication price, with
          > big-ass discount. :-) Check back for more details, coming soon!

          Score! Maybe you need to take more vacations. ;)

          -==-
          Serge