Re: Thoughts on the whole "soeur" thing

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2004
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mellowrg" <cyfith@a...> wrote:

      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "soiraile" <soiraile@y...> wrote:
      > > very clever those devious nuns...
      > >
      > > i do agree with you. the soeur system does seem like a interesting
      > fix
      > > to that..
      >
      > Except the Souer system is not mandatory.

      Neither is having a crush on another girl. :)

      It's obvious that some girls will opt out. We can see that with Sei -
      she immediately rejects the souer pairing for her and Shiori, and I
      think her point is legitmate, about the ceremony limiting the scope of
      the relationship. In fact, I think she nails the whole point of the
      thing right there.

      I feel sure that, over the decades of Lilian's history, some souer
      pairs crossed the line, some lesbian lovers never bothered becoming
      souers, and a whole lot more of the pairings just...were souer
      pairings. :-)