summary of Marimite ep 13

  • Erin Subramanian
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2 9:06 AM
      Spoilers ahead, read at your own risk...
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      It starts out where ep 12 left off--Sachiko has disappeared! Yumi calls
      her name a few times, and Sachiko comes back. Turns out she was just
      checking out the jean shop next door. She and Yumi go inside, and she
      tells Yumi she wants a pair like hers. She tries on a pair, and is
      dismayed to find out that they are too long. However, Yumi explains to
      her that they're made like that... She decides she wants to go buy
      sneakers next (in the anime she doesn't actually say it but it's
      implied; iirc she says it outright in the novel).
      Yoshino is still bummed about Rei's date with Chisato, but decides that
      she will have to just have fun on her home, since it's a day off from
      school after all. She goes shopping.
      Shimako and Shizuka had lunch at the Rose Mansion. There's some more
      weird conversation between them, and Shizuka tells Shimako to follow her
      and runs off to the place where Shimako's card was hidden (the
      Environmental Maintenance Committee bulletin board). Shimako arrives
      there out of breath, and Shizuka tells her that she wanted to see the
      "real" her that was hidden beneath her honor student "mask." She also
      tells her that she knows she is looking for someone who understands her.
      She asks Shimako if she hates her for saying things that are too
      intimate/personal, but Shimako says "No, I like you, Shizuka-sama."
      Minako and Tsutako get to the movie theater and find out that Rei and
      Chisato have already left (they thought the start time of the next
      showing was the same as the end time of the current showing, but they
      were wrong). They decide to look for Shimako and Shizuka instead, as
      Minako saw them getting takeout and assumed that they are planning to go
      eat in a park or something.
      Shizuka says to Shimako, "If Rosa Gigantea didn't exist, we might have
      become soeurs. But Rosa Gigantea exists." Then Shimako says, "We both
      care for her greatly." Then Shizuka asks if Shimako likes the song "Ave
      Maria," and when Shimako says yes, she proceeds to sing the Bach/Gounoud
      version of it (in latin, but not with the usual "Ave Maria" prayer
      lyrics... O_o Also a friend of mine mentioned that it is actually the
      seiyuu for Shizuka who is singing and not an outside singer. Wow!)
      Shimako comes back to the second-floor room of the Rose Mansion and
      finds Sei there. Sei says that she was called there by Shizuka. Shimako
      says she missed Sei and cries on her. Sei tells Shimako that it's okay
      to cry and show weakness. Then Sei mentions that spring will come soon,
      and both remember that they met last spring...
      Sachiko tells Yumi a little bit about her past, about how she tried to
      fit in. They run into Yoshino and invite her out to tea with them. At
      the cafe, they run into Tsutako and Minako! The five of them have a nice
      time together, with all of them putting aside their usual annoying
      behaviors (Minako and her newspaper, Tsutako and her camera, and Yoshino
      and her Rei ;) )
      That night, Chisato goes to Yoshino's house to talk to her. She tells
      Yoshino that Rei was very kind but that she called her "Yoshino" without
      realizing it, and that no matter where they went or what they did,
      Yoshino was "inside" Rei. Yoshino holds her as she cries and apologizes
      for Rei's insensitivity. Yoshino then goes over to Rei's house and chews
      her out. She tells her that her kindness can actually hurt people,
      too... Then we see that Rei has baked Yoshino a cake as an apology for
      that day.
      Yumi wants to call Sachiko to thank her for the date, but she's nervous
      about what to say if someone answers. She practices a little speech, but
      is still hesitating when the phone rings. Guess who it is? ;) Sachiko
      also starts in with a formal greeting, but is relieved when she finds
      out it was Yumi who answered the phone. She was nervous about possibly
      having to talk to one of Yumi's parents too! Sachiko asks what Yumi has
      told her parents about her, and Yumi says she's told them that Sachiko
      is a great Onee-sama. Then Sachiko jokingly asks if Yumi has told them
      that she is a selfish and hysterical person, and Yumi joking says "a
      little." Very cute! We see a very short flashback of Yumi grabbing
      Sachiko's arm during their date... also very cute :D Then Sachiko says
      that they should go out together again sometime, and then they say good
      night and hang up. Yumi is pretty happy by this point and thinks that
      she will get to see Sachiko again tomorrow and that it will surely be a
      wonderful day... IMO a nice note for the first season to end on. :)
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2 7:21 PM
        >From: Erin Subramanian <es006j@...>

        >Spoilers ahead, read at your own risk...

        yay!

        >.
        >.
        >.
        >.
        >.
        >.
        >.
        >.
        >.
        >.
        >.

        >Yoshino is still bummed about Rei's date with Chisato, but decides that
        >she will have to just have fun on her home, since it's a day off from
        >school after all. She goes shopping.

        "Retail therapy" - it works for me. :-)

        >Shizuka says to Shimako, "If Rosa Gigantea didn't exist, we might have
        >become soeurs. But Rosa Gigantea exists." Then Shimako says, "We both
        >care for her greatly." Then Shizuka asks if Shimako likes the song "Ave
        >Maria," and when Shimako says yes, she proceeds to sing the Bach/Gounoud
        >version of it (in latin, but not with the usual "Ave Maria" prayer
        >lyrics... O_o Also a friend of mine mentioned that it is actually the
        >seiyuu for Shizuka who is singing and not an outside singer. Wow!)

        Yeah, I'm impressed. It's always obvious which seiyuu have singing training
        - you can hear it in the way tanaka mayumi belts out the high notes as Luffy
        in One Piece, too. :-)

        >Shimako comes back to the second-floor room of the Rose Mansion and
        >finds Sei there. Sei says that she was called there by Shizuka. Shimako
        >says she missed Sei and cries on her. Sei tells Shimako that it's okay
        >to cry and show weakness. Then Sei mentions that spring will come soon,
        >and both remember that they met last spring...

        Waaah - that was so beautiful....

        >IMO a nice note for the first season to end on. :)

        I've been out of the loop - do we know that a second season is in the
        offing?

        Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1!
        (Limited-time offer)
      • atua101
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2 10:54 PM

          SPOILERS FOR EP 13

          > >Shizuka says to Shimako, "If Rosa Gigantea didn't exist, we might
          have
          > >become soeurs. But Rosa Gigantea exists." Then Shimako says, "We
          both
          > >care for her greatly." Then Shizuka asks if Shimako likes the song
          "Ave
          > >Maria," and when Shimako says yes, she proceeds to sing the
          Bach/Gounoud
          > >version of it (in latin, but not with the usual "Ave Maria" prayer
          > >lyrics... O_o Also a friend of mine mentioned that it is actually
          the
          > >seiyuu for Shizuka who is singing and not an outside singer. Wow!)

          I loved Shizuka's seiyuu's singing in the Rosa Canina arc, so I'm
          really happy to hear that she'll be doing it again this ep. ^^

          > I've been out of the loop - do we know that a second season is in
          the
          > offing?

          There's no offical announcement yet, but it seems that Ali Project
          let
          the cat out of the bag when they announced on their website that
          they'll be working on the background music for Marimite season 2. The
          announcement has since been changed.

          ~atua
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 3 4:51 AM
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atua101" <atua@i...> wrote:

            > > I've been out of the loop - do we know that a second season is in
            > > the offing?
            > >

            > There's no offical announcement yet, but it seems that Ali Project
            > let
            > the cat out of the bag when they announced on their website that
            > they'll be working on the background music for Marimite season 2.
            The
            > announcement has since been changed.

            So, no real confirmation, then. I remember the announcement, but I'm a
            skeptical lass, and one off-hand reference does not a second season
            make. Funimation said about three times that they had the rights to
            One Piece, but just announced this winter that they really don't,
            sorry, our bad. :-)

          • mellowrg
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 3 5:38 AM
              > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atua101" <atua@i...> wrote:
              >

              > > > I've been out of the loop - do we know that a second season is
              in
              > > > the offing?
              > > >

              > > There's no offical announcement yet, but it seems that Ali Project
              > > let
              > > the cat out of the bag when they announced on their website that
              > > they'll be working on the background music for Marimite season 2.
              > The
              > > announcement has since been changed.
              >
              > So, no real confirmation, then. I remember the announcement, but
              I'm a
              > skeptical lass, and one off-hand reference does not a second season
              > make. Funimation said about three times that they had the rights to
              > One Piece, but just announced this winter that they really don't,
              > sorry, our bad. :-)

              Mari-mite has a history of letting cats out of the bag. Sometimes I
              wonder if it's intentional or not.

              Shiori's voice actress once confirmed in her blog that Shiori would
              make an appearance in episodes 10 and 11, only to change that entry
              hours later.

              The voice actress for Sei's onee-sama did the same, and "corrected"
              her blog hours later.

              Likewise, Ali-Project confirmed they were working on season two in
              their blog, but they later changed it to "a certain anime" hours
              later.

              Regardless, considering it's solid ratings, I would say that let's
              just go by logic and say season 2nd will come eventually.
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 3 6:58 AM
                >From: "mellowrg" <cyfith@...>

                >Mari-mite has a history of letting cats out of the bag. Sometimes I
                >wonder if it's intentional or not.

                LOL

                >Regardless, considering it's solid ratings, I would say that let's
                >just go by logic and say season 2nd will come eventually.

                I'll certainly hope so!

                Persistent heartburn? Check out Digestive Health & Wellness for information
                and advice. http://gerd.msn.com/default.asp
              • barahime@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 3 11:29 AM
                  > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atua101"

                  > Shiori's voice actress once confirmed in her blog
                  > that Shiori would
                  > make an appearance in episodes 10 and 11, only to
                  > change that entry
                  > hours later.

                  Out of curiosity, who is Shiori's seiyuu (and the
                  seiyuu for Shizuka and Mifuyu, for that matter)? I
                  haven't been able to find the information anywhere,
                  and the seiyuu fangirl in me is crying out to know!

                  Speaking of which, here's something I found while
                  searching for said information that I thought I'd
                  share: Marimite window sitters! These are, for those
                  that don't know, cute little animated figures that
                  'sit' on the topmost open window you have on your
                  computer, so you can watch Sei blow kisses or Yumi
                  make funny faces while you work. There are ten of
                  them, all the Roses and their soeurs plus Tsutako
                  Shizuka, and they're at
                  http://kurumi.sakura.ne.jp/~chimari/macopix/dl-e.html

                  ~Nanchan
                  *keeping her fingers crossed for a second season*

                • mellowrg
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 3 3:24 PM
                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "barahime@y..." <barahime@y...> wrote:

                    > Out of curiosity, who is Shiori's seiyuu (and the
                    > seiyuu for Shizuka and Mifuyu, for that matter)? I
                    > haven't been able to find the information anywhere,
                    > and the seiyuu fangirl in me is crying out to know!

                    Shiori's voice actress is Nakagawa Akiko:
                    http://sdb.noppo.com/akiko_n.htm

                    Shizuka's voice actress is only listed as Rino. It's obviously a
                    pseudonym, which leads me to believe that she's actually a songstress
                    in real life too.
                  • barahime@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 3 4:24 PM
                      --- mellowrg <cyfith@...> wrote:
                      > Shiori's voice actress is Nakagawa Akiko:
                      > http://sdb.noppo.com/akiko_n.htm
                      >
                      > Shizuka's voice actress is only listed as Rino. It's
                      > obviously a
                      > pseudonym, which leads me to believe that she's
                      > actually a songstress
                      > in real life too.

                      Ah, thanks so much for the info! Rino I actually know
                      of; she's a frequent collaborator with pop singer
                      CooRie (or maybe just another alias of CooRie's) and
                      has done a few songs for Da Capo. But her vocals in
                      those songs are so light and poppy that I'd never have
                      matched Shizuka's sultry voice to her. Here's hoping
                      she does more acting in the future ^_-

                      ~Nanchan