No lurkies allowed - welcome to the new folks!

  • anilesbocon01@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 29, 2001
      I see you, you new people, you old folks, who haven't yet stepped
      forward and admitted your yuri and shoujoai addiction. Don't be shy
      now - we're all here to share your pain. :-)

      Remember, we all follow the Yuri 12-step program:

      1) I admit that I am powerless over animated lesbians

      2) I admit that only a higher power - Yuricon - can restore me
      to sanity

      3) I have turned my life, my energy and my disposable income over to
      Yuricon...

      Eh, forget it..it isn't that funny. Anyway, our three steps ought to
      be enough to keep the flow of animated lesbians going for a while. LOL

      What was my point? Oh, no lurkies. Right, step up and introduce
      yourself and let us know who your objects of lust are. I'll start.

      Hi, I'm Erica (Hi Erica...) and I'm really, really addicted to
      shoujoai and yuri anime and manga and cool, butchy anime babes.
      Particularly those with bikes, guns, swords and uniforms, not in any
      order of preference.

      My objects of lust are, hmmm, Haruka (duh,) that chick from the one
      episode of Tenchi in Tokyo who rides a motorcycle, Lucrezia Noin,
      Kaho-sensei and oh, yeah baby, Rally Cheyenne.

      Other relevant points...oh, one day in a fit of pique about some
      things I started ALC, because I thought it was a good idea and would
      get pretty far up someone's nose. LOL

      Cheers,

      Erica (who had a really long day and is feeling kind of punchy)
    • Jessica
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2001
        --- In Yuricon@y..., anilesbocon01@h... wrote:
        > I see you, you new people, you old folks, who haven't yet stepped
        > forward and admitted your yuri and shoujoai addiction. Don't be shy
        > now - we're all here to share your pain. :-)

        All right, I'll bite. :p

        > Remember, we all follow the Yuri 12-step program:
        >
        > 1) I admit that I am powerless over animated lesbians
        >
        > 2) I admit that only a higher power - Yuricon - can restore me
        > to sanity

        Hmm . . . sanity is overrated . . . it's the first thing I lost when
        I started college . . . and I don't know if Yuricon quite restored my
        sanity, considering the sheer volume of messages to be read each
        day . . . not that I mind, of course!

        > 3) I have turned my life, my energy and my disposable income over
        > Yuricon...

        LOL . . . pretty much . . . considering I don't have any disposable
        income . . .

        > Eh, forget it..it isn't that funny. Anyway, our three steps ought
        > be enough to keep the flow of animated lesbians going for a while.
        LOL

        > What was my point? Oh, no lurkies. Right, step up and introduce
        > yourself and let us know who your objects of lust are. I'll start.
        >
        > Hi, I'm Erica (Hi Erica...) and I'm really, really addicted to
        > shoujoai and yuri anime and manga and cool, butchy anime babes.
        > Particularly those with bikes, guns, swords and uniforms, not in
        any
        > order of preference.

        Jess here . . . I've posted once or twice on the ALC ML, but not
        since we've switched over to Yuricon. I'm eighteen and I'm a freshman
        at St. John's College in Santa Fe, NM, but I'm a native of San Diego
        county. I met Erica at Ani-Magic in October (my first con . . . and
        my birthday con at that!) . . . got stickered . . . :) and soon after
        became an incurable SNB fan!

        > My objects of lust are, hmmm, Haruka (duh,) that chick from the one
        > episode of Tenchi in Tokyo who rides a motorcycle, Lucrezia Noin,
        > Kaho-sensei and oh, yeah baby, Rally Cheyenne.

        Let's see . . . I love CCS (especially Tomoyo-chan) and I just
        started watching Utena the other day. *gets all starry eyed while
        visions of Utena dance in her head* . . . and I must say that I
        really like Maya from Eva. I haven't seen any Sailor Moon yet *runs
        and hides*, but I plan on doing so soon! Honest! And of course,
        there's always Yuriko!

        > Other relevant points...oh, one day in a fit of pique about some
        > things I started ALC, because I thought it was a good idea and
        would
        > get pretty far up someone's nose. LOL

        Well, I for one am glad you did!

        > Cheers,
        >
        > Erica (who had a really long day and is feeling kind of punchy)

        Oh, boy. Yes. Long day indeed. Why do the powers that be choose to
        assign more work at the end of the semester when all anyone wants to
        do is go home for break? *sigh*

        *hugs*
        Jess
        LadySwanilda
        Ship's Librarian for the SDF-O
        Resident Otaku of St. John's College
        (recently pierced one)
      • Kathryn Williams
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 30, 2001
          > >From: "Jessica" <jess4013@...>
          >
          > >I met Erica at Ani-Magic in October (my first con . . . and
          > >my birthday con at that!) . . . got stickered . . . :) and soon after
          > >became an incurable SNB fan!
          >
          > <Waving happily> Hi Jess! Glad that you're here! :-)

          (joins in waving) Don't know if I remember you but I was at AM too... Glad
          to see you here.

          ja

          Kat
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 30, 2001
            >From: "Jessica" <jess4013@...>

            >I met Erica at Ani-Magic in October (my first con . . . and
            >my birthday con at that!) . . . got stickered . . . :) and soon after
            >became an incurable SNB fan!

            <Waving happily> Hi Jess! Glad that you're here! :-)

            AniLesboCon 2001 - "For real women who like their women...animated."
            http://anilesbocon.shoujoai.com/

          • Jess
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
              --- In Yuricon@y..., "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@s...> wrote:

              > > >From: "Jessica" <jess4013@y...>
              > >
              > > >I met Erica at Ani-Magic in October (my first con . . . and
              > > >my birthday con at that!) . . . got stickered . . . :) and soon
              after
              > > >became an incurable SNB fan!
              > >
              > > <Waving happily> Hi Jess! Glad that you're here! :-)
              >
              > (joins in waving) Don't know if I remember you but I was at AM
              too... Glad
              > to see you here.

              I was the Tomoyo-chan cosplayer with the SDF-O.