RE: [Yuricon] Re: Utena: Progress Report.

  • Shirono Mitsukai
    Message 1 of 62 , Mar 3 7:29 PM
      This may be spoiler-ish if you've not seen the finale of Utena!

      LOL! Those Knight costumes! Its funny, in his interview, Ikuhara said it was
      anime tradition to put into the opening credits what you'd put in the end of
      the series. The designs for the costumes are even in the Character
      sketchbook. He said he really wanted to use the knight costumes but just
      didn't have an opportunity to use them. The ending went through a couple
      different changes too.

      Originally, Anthy was going to dissapear, but Ikuhara decided that that is
      what the audience would expect, so he made Utena dissapear instead. ^_^ I
      think it worked out nicely.

      If you're watching the US released DVDs, WATCH THE IKUHARA/SAITO interview.
      Its wonderful!!!!!

      -Shiro

      >From: "Jen" <puni@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Utena: Progress Report.
      >Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 02:32:08 -0000
      >
      >Well, I finally finished the last 3 episodes of UTENA.
      >Certainly NOT the ending I was expecting/wanting.
      >
      >Sadly, I must now sue the UTENA people for false
      >advertising. I've wanted my Rose Knight Utena & Anthy
      >dolls since seeing them in the opening credits, and I
      >craved to see them ride into action, dangnabbit!
      >
      >(As for the ending, I was prepared for something quite
      >different. I expected Ohtori Academy to live up to
      >it's [Japanese] name. Hmmph. All worked up for nothin')
      >
      >Let's see... Read Or Die, Alien Nine, Pita-Ten,
      >CC Sakura, Noir, Utena, and ongoing Marimite & ROD TV.
      >I seem to be progressing through all the good stuff, ne?
      >
      >Recommendations for my next hop?
      >
      >Kisses XXOOXX
      >Jen
      >
      >(P.S. Yeah, Pita-Ten was awfully sweet Shoujo-Ai. I'll
      >just go upload the piccie that got me interested in the
      >show from the beginning! I loved it just as much as
      >Kat's Wallpaper, which sealed the deal. I'd upload that
      >too, but I wouldn't want to be rude.) ^_^

      Get business advice and resources to improve your work life, from bCentral.
      http://special.msn.com/bcentral/loudclear.armx
    • SHOUJOFAN
      Message 62 of 62 , Jun 29, 2004
        From: "Jen" <puni@...>

        > Here's a nice present: The opening video clip to the
        > UTENA Sega Saturn game. ^_^
        >
        > http://users.on.net/prime/Media/UTENA-SS.Opening.zip (10MB)

        Thank you very much! :) Watch this video made me wish that someone would
        like to produce an Utena OAV at an alternate universe. Saionji, Touga and
        Akio as a J-Pop group would be wonderful! :)

        Valéria Fernandes
        http://www.lelablue.hpg.ig.com.br