Re: [Yuricon] ROD 23-24 Spoilers

  • sean@centragarden.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2 12:41 AM
      > Well this pair of episodes had me suspended between "Oh my god" and "WTF".
      > :-)

      Indeed.

      > SPOILER
      >

      > SPACE
      >

      > We learn the true origin of the three sisters - it's tragic, and a little
      > predictable, but still, Anita loses it over the news. (How upset would you
      > be to find that your life was a complete sham? Frankly, if someone told me
      > that my childhood was a lie, I'd be relieved.)

      So does this make RoDream manga a) another AU, or b) completely irrelevant? ^^;;;

      --SG
    • Ka-chan
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2 4:58 AM
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, sean@c... wrote:

        > So does this make RoDream manga a) another AU, or b) completely
        > irrelevant? ^^;;;

        Ehh...both possibly? But fun all the same! Never have I seen a
        series that managed to provoke so many *different* possible
        *realistic* AUs. (Not that I'm claiming to have watched hundreds or
        anything, but still). This will keep the fanfic authors busy I hope.
        ^^

        ~Ka~
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2 10:58 AM

          >From: sean@...
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] ROD 23-24 Spoilers
          >Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 03:41:32 -0500
          >
          > > Well this pair of episodes had me suspended between "Oh my god" and
          >"WTF".
          > > :-)
          >
          >Indeed.
          >

          > > SPOILER
          > >

          > > SPACE
          > >

          > > We learn the true origin of the three sisters - it's tragic, and a
          >little
          > > predictable, but still, Anita loses it over the news. (How upset would
          >you
          > > be to find that your life was a complete sham? Frankly, if someone told
          >me
          > > that my childhood was a lie, I'd be relieved.)
          >
          >So does this make RoDream manga a) another AU, or b) completely irrelevant?
          > ^^;;;

          Neither, IMHO. the OVA wasn't part of any of the sister's memories, so it
          can really have happened...and, as it lead to Nancy and Yomiko hiding out
          for 5 years together, it *definitely* isn't irrelevant.

          Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech
          Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx
        • kate0211@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 12 11:32 PM

            SPOILER

            SPACE

            In a message dated 3/1/2004 11:34:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, alecto_fury@... writes:
            They enter London to find that a 19th century British Literature major has
            vomited Edward George Bulwer-Lytton scenery onto the street, with
            decorations by H.G. Wells and Arthur Conan Doyle. Ooooh, I hope one of the
            writers has read Sax Rohmer - I'd LOVE to see Fu Manchu in this part. (Maybe
            he's the old Chinese bookseller in Jimbouchou?)
            I'm waiting for the Sisters to come out of the alleyway, have the Artful Dodger trying to pick Anita's pockets and they get caught up in Fagan's schemes in trying to get to the Library.

            Katya