ROD 23-24 Spoilers

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
      Well this pair of episodes had me suspended between "Oh my god" and "WTF".
      :-)

      SPOILER

      SPACE

      Ep. 23 - Well, Wendy's definitely grown up, lucky us. She's shown us that
      she's as cunning and evil a strategist as Joker (possibly better, since he's
      in cloud cuckoo-land right now.) She scares me terribly.

      We learn the true origin of the three sisters - it's tragic, and a little
      predictable, but still, Anita loses it over the news. (How upset would you
      be to find that your life was a complete sham? Frankly, if someone told me
      that my childhood was a lie, I'd be relieved.)

      Junior and Nenene captured! Oh no! Now we'll have to execute a daring rescue
      and thrill everyone with our mad paper-usin' skillz.

      Ep. 24 - You angst hounds will just LOVE this episode. Anita gets her angst
      (and well-deserved too) and then, righteous anger overshadows personal
      misery. So Team 1 consosts of the OVA squad (Yomiko, Nancy and Drake) while
      Team 2 consists of the three sisters.

      They enter London to find that a 19th century British Literature major has
      vomited Edward George Bulwer-Lytton scenery onto the street, with
      decorations by H.G. Wells and Arthur Conan Doyle. Ooooh, I hope one of the
      writers has read Sax Rohmer - I'd LOVE to see Fu Manchu in this part. (Maybe
      he's the old Chinese bookseller in Jimbouchou?)

      I cannot see this ending in two episodes....I just can't accept it.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2004
        > Well this pair of episodes had me suspended between "Oh my god" and "WTF".
        > :-)

        Indeed.

        > SPOILER
        >

        > SPACE
        >

        > We learn the true origin of the three sisters - it's tragic, and a little
        > predictable, but still, Anita loses it over the news. (How upset would you
        > be to find that your life was a complete sham? Frankly, if someone told me
        > that my childhood was a lie, I'd be relieved.)

        So does this make RoDream manga a) another AU, or b) completely irrelevant? ^^;;;

        --SG
      • Ka-chan
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2004
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, sean@c... wrote:

          > So does this make RoDream manga a) another AU, or b) completely
          > irrelevant? ^^;;;

          Ehh...both possibly? But fun all the same! Never have I seen a
          series that managed to provoke so many *different* possible
          *realistic* AUs. (Not that I'm claiming to have watched hundreds or
          anything, but still). This will keep the fanfic authors busy I hope.
          ^^

          ~Ka~
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2004

            >From: sean@...
            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] ROD 23-24 Spoilers
            >Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 03:41:32 -0500
            >
            > > Well this pair of episodes had me suspended between "Oh my god" and
            >"WTF".
            > > :-)
            >
            >Indeed.
            >

            > > SPOILER
            > >

            > > SPACE
            > >

            > > We learn the true origin of the three sisters - it's tragic, and a
            >little
            > > predictable, but still, Anita loses it over the news. (How upset would
            >you
            > > be to find that your life was a complete sham? Frankly, if someone told
            >me
            > > that my childhood was a lie, I'd be relieved.)
            >
            >So does this make RoDream manga a) another AU, or b) completely irrelevant?
            > ^^;;;

            Neither, IMHO. the OVA wasn't part of any of the sister's memories, so it
            can really have happened...and, as it lead to Nancy and Yomiko hiding out
            for 5 years together, it *definitely* isn't irrelevant.

            Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech
            Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx
          • kate0211@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 12, 2004

              SPOILER

              SPACE

              In a message dated 3/1/2004 11:34:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, alecto_fury@... writes:
              They enter London to find that a 19th century British Literature major has
              vomited Edward George Bulwer-Lytton scenery onto the street, with
              decorations by H.G. Wells and Arthur Conan Doyle. Ooooh, I hope one of the
              writers has read Sax Rohmer - I'd LOVE to see Fu Manchu in this part. (Maybe
              he's the old Chinese bookseller in Jimbouchou?)
              I'm waiting for the Sisters to come out of the alleyway, have the Artful Dodger trying to pick Anita's pockets and they get caught up in Fagan's schemes in trying to get to the Library.

              Katya