Sean has new computer ramblings

  • sean@centragarden.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
      So yeah, I finally replaced my 9-year-old machine with a brand spanking new one. The gist of
      which is that I can now watch anime again on my comp! Yay!

      So, what do I start with? The action of ROD TV? The tease but no delivery of Yami to Boushi
      to Lesbian? The current hot hot series, Maria-sama Ga Miteru?

      No to all. I watched 1-13 of Bottle Fairy.

      See, I have a secret love of cute. Not obnoxious cute like Chibi-Usa, but just adorable cute
      stuff. And I'd heard this series was basically distilled cute. So I had to whore it up.

      It's excellent. It has no plot, and a somewhat weak ending (the fusion ended up being far duller
      than I thought), but it was fun, funny, and very cute. Sarara is both the brain AND the tomboy
      fused into one body, something so brilliant I'm amazed it hasn't happened more often.

      There's some yuri you can latch onto, with Hororo occasionally seeing Kururu as a love
      interest... or perhaps food. To be honest, though, I can't really see anything but a bunch of
      fairies being silly. But hey, good enough for me.

      I have also started watching MariMite as well, of course. The first 2 episodes are interesting.
      Sachiko will hopefully be more than the cool repressed girl whose soul is healed through the
      power of Yumi's shininess. And Sei just kicks ass, and reminds me a bit of Ran from Super
      GALS. I'm torrenting 3 atm, and looking forward to it.

      Oh, and I got 3 MST3K episodes, Wild Rebels, Gamera vs. Gaos, and Gamera vs. Guiron.
      But that has zero yuri content :-D (Though man, Gamera and Gaos have some serious bad
      boy gay tension going on...)

      So, to sum up: New Computer! Waiwai!

      --SG
      --apologies to Erica for the waiwai. I'll try not to let it happen again...
    • Chalcahuite
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
        On Mar 1, 2004, at 5:54 PM, sean@... wrote:
        > Oh, and I got 3 MST3K episodes, Wild Rebels, Gamera vs. Gaos, and
        > Gamera vs. Guiron.
        > But that has zero yuri content :-D (Though man, Gamera and Gaos have
        > some serious bad
        > boy gay tension going on...)

        <singing> ". . .Gamera is really neat. He is full of turtle meat.
        That's why we love Gamera!" </singing>

        -==-
        Serge
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
          >From: sean@...

          >Oh, and I got 3 MST3K episodes, Wild Rebels, Gamera vs. Gaos, and Gamera
          >vs. Guiron.
          >But that has zero yuri content :-D (Though man, Gamera and Gaos have some
          >serious bad
          >boy gay tension going on...)

          They did Gamera? I need to see that.

          >So, to sum up: New Computer! Waiwai!
          >
          >--SG
          >--apologies to Erica for the waiwai. I'll try not to let it happen
          >again...

          Hey, if you want to sound like an 11-year old on too much sugar in front of
          650 virtual strangers, who am I to stop you? :-)

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
            >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>

            ><singing> ". . .Gamera is really neat. He is full of turtle meat.
            >That's why we love Gamera!" </singing>

            I was >this< close to typing that in my response to Sean. You REALLY worry
            me, Serge. :-)

          • Chalcahuite
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
              On Mar 1, 2004, at 6:27 PM, Erica Friedman wrote:

              >> From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
              >
              >> <singing> ". . .Gamera is really neat. He is full of turtle meat.
              >> That's why we love Gamera!" </singing>
              >>

              > I was >this< close to typing that in my response to Sean. You REALLY
              > worry
              > me, Serge. :-)

              I don't know if you really have anything to worry about. It's more like
              a Pavlovian response. ;) Donna does the same thing when you mention
              Gamera to her.

              -==-
              Serge
            • kate0211@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
                In a message dated 3/1/2004 6:20:08 PM Eastern Standard Time, ximatl@... writes:
                <singing> ". . .Gamera is really neat. He is full of turtle meat.
                That's why we love Gamera!" </singing>
                Gamera is a friend to all the children!

                Katya