Re: [Yuricon] Gunslinger Girl?

  • Alan Harnum
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2004
      On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, love_caska wrote:

      > Hey everyone,
      > I've been in this group for probably about a month or so... I can't
      > say exactly, but this is my first time posting a message here ^_^.
      > Last night I downloaded the first six episodes of Gunslinger Girl. I
      > had seen images from the manga before and something about it had
      > appealed to me. I haven't watched much of it yet ((half of the first
      > episode)) but so far I LOVE the character designs and music (the
      > opening theme is wonderful).

      I highly recommend the band who does the opening theme (The Delgados),
      both the album that the Gunslinger Girl opening comes from ("Hate") and
      their earlier ones. They have a very nice sound.

      </musicdork>

      -Alan
    • Renee
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1, 2004
        As much as I love the tragic, dark, depressing, and demented stuff, I can't even bring myself to watch or read any more of Gunslinger Girl. I think I needed prozac after the first 3 episodes.X_X
        ~Renee

        Message: 1
        Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:31:34 -0500
        From: "Lex Tenou"
        Subject: Re: Re: Gunslinger Girl?

        If you want to read the manga, it and numerous others are carried in Barnes
        and Noble and Borders. New dumps for manga seem to appear on a monthly
        basis. -.-;; Right now you should see Excel and....damn I forgot what the
        other one is...and a spinner rack of Tokyopop manga.

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Steven Perez
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 2, 2004
          On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, love_caska wrote:
          [...edit...]
          >(the opening theme is wonderful).

          It's 'The Light Before We Land' by The Delgados.
          They're a pretty good band that's not all that well know (at least in
          the US, that is).

          PS: There. Now give me my Indie cred, dammit! ;P

          Steven Perez AKA Sabre Kamen and Bishounen Hunter S @}|--'--,-`-,-`-,-'-,
          Lover of Males and Females, and quite Kinky to boot! :D @}|--'--,-`-,-`-,
          LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/bishounenhuntrs @}|--'-,--,
        • Steven Perez
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 2, 2004
            On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Alan Harnum wrote:

            > I highly recommend the band who does the opening theme (The Delgados),
            > both the album that the Gunslinger Girl opening comes from ("Hate") and
            > their earlier ones. They have a very nice sound.
            >
            > </musicdork>

            I should have know someone would beat me to it. >.<

            Wah! You stoled my indie cred! ;P

            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 3, 2004
              On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Steven Perez wrote:

              > On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Alan Harnum wrote:
              > >
              > > I highly recommend the band who does the opening theme (The Delgados),
              > > both the album that the Gunslinger Girl opening comes from ("Hate") and
              > > their earlier ones. They have a very nice sound.
              > >
              > > </musicdork>
              > >
              > I should have know someone would beat me to it. >.<
              >
              > Wah! You stoled my indie cred! ;P

              Better put on some emo glasses, listen to Jimmy Eat World, and cry. :)

              -Alan
            • Adam Jones
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 3, 2004
                On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 16:19:42 -0500 (EST), Alan Harnum
                <harnums@...> wrote:

                > Better put on some emo glasses, listen to Jimmy Eat World, and cry. :)

                I believe I've found Alan's secret identity...

                http://www.dieselsweeties.com/cast.shtml#pete

                (See also: http://www.dieselsweeties.com/archive.php?s=861 )
                .oO("stifle my speach" )
              • Alan Harnum
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 4, 2004
                  I am a rocker. I rock out.

                  (Adam, it's scary, that's exactly the character I was thinking of when I
                  made those posts :))

                  -Alan

                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 4, 2004
                    >From: Alan Harnum <harnums@...>

                    >I am a rocker. I rock out.
                    >
                    >(Adam, it's scary, that's exactly the character I was thinking of when I
                    >made those posts :))

                    You two are so sympatico - someone should write an Alan/Adam slash. LOL

                    Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech
                    Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx
                  • Adam Jones
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 4, 2004
                      On 04-Mar-2004 11:28 -0500, Erica Friedman wrote:
                      > >From: Alan Harnum <harnums@...>

                      > >(Adam, it's scary, that's exactly the character I was thinking of when I
                      > >made those posts :))

                      > You two are so sympatico - someone should write an Alan/Adam slash. LOL

                      Yeesh. What is it with people wanting to slash me? It's not like I'm
                      particularly bishonen - my chin can't cut glass, for one thing.

                      Besides, I never engage in hedonistic orgies with people I haven't had
                      the pleasure of meeting in person (sorry, Chris ;) .
                      .oO("your not getting any apologies off me!" )
                    • Steven Perez
                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 5, 2004
                        On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Alan Harnum wrote:
                        > On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Steven Perez wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Wah! You stoled my indie cred! ;P
                        >
                        > Better put on some emo glasses, listen to Jimmy Eat World, and cry. :)

                        No, no. I shall go, and cry myself to sleep listening to The White
                        Stripes. </tongueincheek>