[CON] Yaoi-Con 2004: Alive and Kicking!

  • Autumn
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2004
      [Posted with permission from the List Owner]

      Yaoi-Con 2004
      October 29-31, 2004
      San Francisco, CA

      This year's Guest of Honor is Yamane Ayano, who will be accompanied
      by her editor. Yamane is best known for her illustrations in
      numerous Boys Love novels and has risen to star status with her
      premier mangas in BeBoy Gold (Finder no Hyouteki) and Drap (Ikoku
      Irokoi Romantan). Artist bio and interview are forthcoming on the
      Web site.

      The fourth annual convention dedicated solely to yaoi will take
      place Oct 29-31, 2004 (yep, that's Hallowe'en weekend) at the Westin
      SF Airport. This means it's convenient to the airport and they've
      even got free shuttles to BART for those of you who want to go to
      Japantown or see the city (you mean people actually leave the

      We'll be the only group at the hotel, so come one, come all. Stay
      over and rock the house! Even better, why not take Monday off and
      stick around after the con for the fantabulous Castro Street
      Hallowe'en parade Sunday night [ http://www.halloweensf.com ].

      The Westin's special Convention Room rates are as follows if you
      reserve by 10/1/04:

      Single/Double (1-2 persons) $99.00 USD

      Triple (3 persons) $129.00 USD

      Quad (4 persons) $149.00 USD

      Rollaway bed $40.00 USD

      Parking Rates:

      Hotel Guests $5.00/day

      Day Attendees $7.00/day

      (Note: Regular Parking is $25.00/day)

      You can call the hotel toll-free 1-888-627-8404 or register online
      [Coming soon!]. Be sure to mention. Y-Con Anime Convention or Yaoi-
      Con if you call in or you will not get the con rate.

      Once again there'll be early access to the Dealers' Room for those
      staying at the con hotel.

      --[ http://yaoicon.com/content/view/10/35/ ]

      More good news! Everything else gets more expensive, but Yaoi-Con
      hasn't! Registration rates are just the same as last year. And like
      last year, a goodie awaits every Early Bird registration (more
      details later!).

      Feb. 28 - May 30, 2004 (Early Bird) $40.00 USD

      June 1 - September 30, 2004 $50.00 USD

      At the Door $60.00 USD

      -[ http://yaoicon.com/content/category/3/8/29/ ]

      Come see us at our first event of the year! We'll have a table at
      Anime Overdose ( http://www.animeod.com/ ) in Santa Clara on March
      6th. We will be accepting registrations and raffling off two SPRAY
      posters signed by Higuri You - these are brand spanking new, from
      Winter Comiket! To be eligible, all you need to do is stop by the
      table and drop your name in our raffle box. We'll be drawing the
      winner at 5:00 PM, so you can check back after that to see if you've

      The Fanfic contest is back this year by popular demand, but with a
      bit of a twist to spice things up. Submissions of new, themed (see
      the Web site) stories are due by August 15, 2004.

      And that's not all we have for you writers! Returning for a second
      year is the Fiction Anthology. Submissions of all new original and
      fanfic works will be accepted through May 1, 2004, with final
      stories being chosen for publication by the editors by June 1. This
      year's theme is Angels/Devils/Supernatural, in honor of Hallowe'en.

      Please do not submit the same story for both - but feel free to enter
      different works to both if your muses are working overtime!

      See the Web site for all the juicy details on both the contest and

      Contest - [ http://yaoicon.com/content/category/13/25/50/ ]

      Anthology - [ http://yaoicon.com/content/category/13/37/66/ ]

      See the Yaoi-con 2004 Web site for more info and fun stuff -- more
      details will follow, so keep your eyes peeled!

      PR Staff
      Yaoi-Con 2004