Some great Marimite fanart

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 29, 2004
      http://popup2.tok2.com/home/milkbar/milkbar01.htm

      Really lovely fanart - I love the use of color in their work. Clearly, they
      are Sei/Shimako fans. :-)

      Say �good-bye� to spam, viruses and pop-ups with MSN Premium -- free trial
      offer! http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200359ave/direct/01/
    • Adam Jones
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 29, 2004
        On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:35:03 -0500, "Erica Friedman"
        <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

        > http://popup2.tok2.com/home/milkbar/milkbar01.htm
        >
        > Really lovely fanart - I love the use of color in their work. Clearly,
        > they are Sei/Shimako fans. :-)

        Very pretty... but do they have to make them all look like they're
        six years old? <sigh>
        .oO("now that Have your attention" )
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2004
          >From: Adam Jones <adam@...>

          >Very pretty... but do they have to make them all look like they're
          >six years old? <sigh>

          Join the rant, Adam. Get in line behind me. I really am so utterly sick of
          lolicon art. Perhaps because I don't like cute half as much as I like
          competent, but I'd be far more willing to buy doujinshi about grown-up
          lesbians than chibified children snuggling in faux-yuri crushes. Gah.

          Hence WORKS, ALC's next translated manga - all grown-ups, all the time! Yay!

          Click, drag and drop. My MSN is the simple way to design your homepage.
        • Adam Jones
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1, 2004
            On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 09:01:29 -0500, "Erica Friedman"
            <alecto_fury@...> wrote:
            >From: Adam Jones <adam@...>

            > Join the rant, Adam. Get in line behind me. I really am so utterly
            > sick of lolicon art. Perhaps because I don't like cute half as much as
            > I like competent

            In itself, I'd find it merely uninteresting - except that this country
            is in the grip of an ongoing paedophile witch-hunt ("They're everywhere!
            Under your bed /right now/!"), and I've had one friend have his
            computers seized (and thus subjected to a /lot/ of fear of prosecution)
            because someone thought they saw something obscene (and our Obscene
            Publications Act is delightfully broad - essentially, it's obscene if
            Customs & Excise think it is) on it.

            Since, under more recent laws, every ISP in the country has to submit to
            snooping, I tend to think it isn't overly paranoid to worry that some
            bit of lolicon fanart could trigger on a URL blacklist somewhere. Of
            course, I think the police are probably rather too busy trying to
            prosecute all the morons who've paid for kiddy-pr0n with their credit
            cards(!) to worry about anime fans, but I'd rather not find myself as a
            test-case...
            .oO("neeeed immmmput thanks" )
          • Recycledmind
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 1, 2004
              I've never seen an episode of Sailor Moon and dont know much about them either

              Greencine.com has a lot of SM for rent but I want to see them in order, can anyone help out?

              Here's what greencine has to offer:
              SM S - heart collection vol. 1-6
              SM Super S - pegasus collection vol. 1-7
              SM - season 1 - vol. 1-8
              SM - season 2 - vol. 1-8
              SM S movie
              SM Super S movie
              SM R movie

              Gracias!!

              Do you Yahoo!?
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 1, 2004
                >From: Recycledmind <recycledmind@...>

                >I've never seen an episode of Sailor Moon and dont know much about them
                >either

                <boggle> Even after all the jabbering on this list? LOL

                All of the below comments are, of course, only my opinion.

                >Greencine.com has a lot of SM for rent but I want to see them in order, can
                >anyone help out?
                >
                >Here's what greencine has to offer:
                >SM S - heart collection vol. 1-6

                This season is key - if you rent only one season, this should be the one.

                >SM Super S - pegasus collection vol. 1-7

                Avoid like the disease it is.

                >SM - season 1 - vol. 1-8

                Very slow at the beginning, but I love it anyway and it intros you to the
                delightful Inner Senshi.

                >SM - season 2 - vol. 1-8

                This has a few moments, but unless you like whining children, it's easily
                avoidable.

                >SM S movie
                >SM Super S movie
                >SM R movie

                Of the three movies, R is the only one that doesn't utterly blow, but it
                doesn't have any of the Outer Senshi. It does have the song Moon Revenge,
                which is almost as good.

                The S movie is actually kind of cute, if you like cats. I don't. The music
                sucks. It has the Outers looking grim and cool.

                The Super S movie has a few flashes of the Outers being cool, a great
                opening sequence and a utterly suck-a-riffic nonplot of death. LOL And the
                song on the "flute" is actually played on a *clarinet*, godammit. Grrrr.

                One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page � download MSN Toolbar now!
              • Jamie Bonsignore
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 1, 2004
                  order order order... lol.....

                  Honestly its just SM 1, SM 2, SMS, SM SuperS and it doesn't really matter when you watch the movies, imo... just make sure you enjoy it is all...

                  -Jae
                  ((constant lurker))

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 2, 2004
                    > >SM Super S - pegasus collection vol. 1-7
                    >
                    > Avoid like the disease it is.

                    Am I the only one who actually likes this series? Admittedly the
                    absence of the Outers is annoying, and the whole Pegasus thing is...
                    well, yeah... but it has the best villains of any season: the
                    brilliantly unhinged Amazoness Quartet, not to mention Fisheye ^_^
                    Well, perhaps they're not quite as good as the Stars villains. And
                    now that I think about it, some of the S villains were pretty good.
                    But anyway, R sucks more ^_^

                    Just recently finished watching R the whole way through, and I was
                    massively disappointed. Not only is it the only series with no yuri
                    or yaoi at all, the Black Moon Clan frankly made Jadeite look
                    interesting. Plus there's that whole Moonlight Knight business.
                    Mamoru has never sucked more.

                    Oh, but anyway... it's all Sailor Moon, so it's all good. Buy it all.
                    No, don't, that's silly. I'm trying to at the moment and it's a fast
                    track to bankruptcy.

                    dooky

                    PS- Objects on The List may appear to contain more yuri than they
                    actually do... If you want utterly unequivocal yuri, you should
                    definitely go for S ^_~
                  • shenotski
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 2, 2004
                      For reference, i don't like sailor moon period.