This may be off topic,but...

  • Renee
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 29, 2004

      A person who I thought was my friend has now started an anti-gay tirade and has brought his friends into the mix sending hateful messages to my live journal and over instant messages. This tirade is going on three days now, I block them but of course, they get new names and the messages don't end on homosexuality, it continues to hateful messages for me being from a single parent home and therefor an abomination, they go on to say that  so are test tube babies, gay parents shouldn't be able to raise kids,etc.,etc. And they proceed to make racist remarks about me being part Native American, etc. I have blocked them, but of course, they go and get new names. Under normal circumstances, I can just brush things off, but the continuous bashing is really starting to get to me. It is getting to the point that I don't even want to get online anymore. I have saved all the messages and lj logs. Any advice would be grately appreciated as I have never really had to deal with this kind of problem before, even though I am originally from the conservative south. I can show anyone who is interested the files.

      ~Renee

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • kate0211@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 29, 2004
        In a message dated 2/29/2004 7:11:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, nakushitatenoh@... writes:
        Under normal circumstances, I can just brush things off, but the continuous bashing is really starting to get to me. It is getting to the point that I don't even want to get online anymore. I have saved all the messages and lj logs. Any advice would be grately appreciated as I have never really had to deal with this kind of problem before, even though I am originally from the conservative south. I can show anyone who is interested the files.
        I know that the lj FAQ have something about an lj abuse contact.  And as far as AIM is concerned, harassment is against the TOS, but they'll just make new names, and I'm not sure if there's a way that their IP can be banned.  I wish that I could be more helpful.  Abuse like this is incredible aggravating.

        Katya
      • shenotski
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
          LEt me say that that's all bullshit. Reminds me of Sailor Jamboree
          and a majority of the anime cosplay scene. There's a big difference
          between being purposfuly rude and unintentionally the 2nd I imagine
          and know that i must do ever so often, so is some peoples lots in
          life. I know what your going through.

          What these people are, are bullies. Confront them head on without
          any sighn (Put on the warriors armor for the love of god) and bring
          it to them. If they threaten you then you with pysical voilence you
          can report them to the autorities. They lose ether way. Besides most
          people that would do such things are cowards.

          FUCK stupid shit like this. Let me help you with these assholes.

          You are a very Good person. I know that because you let me stay with
          you guys durring yuricon and even though i was jet lagged/ after
          finals out of my mind you were nice to me despite what i can gander
          from my memory rude behavoir. Thank you for that.

          Isaac Fischer
          > Under normal circumstances, I can just brush things off, but the
          continuous bashing is really starting to get to me. It is getting to
          the point that I don't even want to get online anymore. I have saved
          all the messages and lj logs. Any advice would be grately appreciated
          as I have never really had to deal with this kind of problem
          > before, even though I am originally from the conservative south. I
          can show anyone who is interested the files.

          > ~Renee
        • annie
          • Renee
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004

              Thanks everyone who gace me advice and your words of kindness. It was greatly appreciated. And to one of my yuricon roomies, don't mention it, I wasn't going to let anyone be with out a place to stay, that's just the way I am. I was in my room long enough to take  showers and change during yuricon and that was it, so it wasn't like I was using it,lol!
              ~Renee

              Do you Yahoo!?