From the high to the low - my weekend purchases

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2004
      Well, kids, Maria-sama ga Miteru Vol. 1 is out! It has all of the first arc
      of the manga, so you get to see all of Yumi and Sachiko's initial encounter
      to their becoming soeur in one fell swoop. Very nice.

      On the other end of the spectrum, I was visiting the Anime Castle store (and
      I always recommend buying from them, as Bill is a cool frood, sells ALC
      manga and is lots of fun, as well as giving very decent prices) and found
      some utterly filthy translated manga with yuri content. This is all put out
      by Redlight Manga, who I'd never heard of before yesterday.

      I picked up Rhapsody, which is mostly incest, but has a surprisingly sweet
      yuri story suck in the middle, about a girl who's fallen for a classmate and
      helps her study in order to get a kiss.

      I also picked up Vol. 1 and 3 of Sheila's Diary - an utterly repulsive
      story, filled with mild BDSM, some golden showers, rape, piercing, etc, but
      mostly humiliation and about 90% yuri...with a happy ending, go figure.
      <shrug>

      I strongly recommend that if anyone does NOT have their own place to live
      (whether or not you are of legal age becomes moot - if you're 35 and living
      in your parent's basement this is more of an issue, because if you're a
      minor, you can't and shouldn't buy stuff like this anyway) don't buy these.
      If you care what your roommate thinks, don't buy these, either. LOL