Re: [Yuricon] Cosplay in the local rag

  • Jenny Chan
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 20, 2004
      > >The article has since appeared on the site, so here's
      > >the direct link:
      > >http://www.dailyrecord.com/news/articles/news5-Cosplay.htm
      > >I ran into the girl in the article at Katsucon last
      > >weekend, and her costume was very well done and
      > >impressive (as was her innate cuteness ^_^).
      >
      > And she came off very well in the article - a down-to-earth, decent, nice
      > otaku. LOL

      I am amused that her mother accepts her choice of hobbies by saying, "well,
      there's a lot worse she could be doing". A while back, I came across a
      similar type of news article (on anime fandom in general, not just
      cosplaying) where the mother of an interviewee was quoted as saying, on two
      separate occasions, "at least it's not drugs."

      Jenny