Re: Kekko Kamen Live Action movie

  • cricharddavies
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 4 3:18 PM
      > Not *me*! I didn't create her! Blame Go Nagai, who also brought us
      <snip>
      > and Black Jack (rogue surgeon.)

      BlackJack was created by Osamu Tezuka. You may be thinking of Violent
      Jack, the sequel to DevilMan.

      Chris Davies.
    • shirobara12
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 4 3:29 PM
        > Coming to theaters in Japan this weekend - Go Nagai's
        > uber-cheeseball naked heroine, Kekko Kamen!

        Kyaah, a new KK real action movie, that's great, wanna see, gotta jump
        on a plane to Tokyo ASAP! (joke ^.-) Kishiji and Erica, thank you!!
        I have something to recommend to fsubbers in need of a project now! ^^

        The trailer is unbelievable, KK looks fine but I didn't see any guy
        like Satan no Ashi, and there are bits with KK riding a cool bike
        through Tokyo, so it may be that this story doesn't happen at
        Spartan Institute (supposed to be lost in the middle of wild hills),
        but what the hell I don't mind if this is the urban adventures of KK!
        (as long as Mayumi and Chigusa are there, heh) And I'm happy too that
        the theme song is still Kekko Kamen no Uta, wonder if they are using
        the original one or a new version by some young idol? (I liked the old
        one, it was sung by the KK's seiyuu, who has a role in Marimite now)
        And they even kept KK's special ultimate hissatsu finishing move,
        the vaginal suffocation! (with the "dazzling groin" effect, too ^^)
        In the anime, all the bad guys were like almost fighting each other
        cause they all couldn't wait to be defeated with that move, hehehe. ^^
        I hope they do the movie as yuri as possible (shouldn't be hard ^.-)
        and the triangle KK/Mayumi/Chigusa is solved in a happy romantic
        threesome! (okey maybe I'm asking too much there ^.- )

        White Rose
      • shirobara12
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 4 3:31 PM
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Julian Morrison <julian@e...> wrote:
          > Erica Friedman wrote:
          >
          > >The anime and live action movies (of which there are already three)
          never
          > >really make it plain *why* she does what she does. She bares all
          "for love
          > >and justice" but covers her face because she's embarrased. <shrug>
          > >
          > The gag seems to be that the bad guys are so into gawping at her
          > "assets", they freeze up and are easy to fight. Admittedly I've never
          > watched, only read reviews, but it seems like a one-gag movie and an
          > annoyingly all-men-are-pigs one, too.

          Silly Julian, do ya think we would be all raving like that
          about KK if it wasn't good? ^.-
          I dunno about manga and movies, but Kekko Kamen the anime is
          a riot, a gem of tongue-in-cheek humor, nothing in there is to be
          taken seriously, hell the whole relationship between KK and
          Satan no Ashi is like the mirror game of Groucho and Harpo in that
          old Marx br. film - it's crazy and they are the only two people who
          understand the rules, but it's still fun to watch! ^^

          White Rose
          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 4 4:26 PM
            >From: "shirobara12" <shirobara12@...>

            >but what the hell I don't mind if this is the urban adventures of KK!
            >(as long as Mayumi and Chigusa are there, heh)

            Projected Storyline: Mayumi has graduated and become an OL for a firm owned
            by Kneecap of Satan (Toenail of Satan's older brother) where she just keeps
            getting in trouble!

            Who does she call in her time of need? Kekko Kamen, of course!

            Okay - that's only in my imagination...

            And I'm happy too that
            >the theme song is still Kekko Kamen no Uta, wonder if they are using
            >the original one or a new version by some young idol? (I liked the old
            >one, it was sung by the KK's seiyuu, who has a role in Marimite now)

            Shinohara Emi, aka Kino Makoto, Sailor Jupiter. She plays Mizuno Youko, the
            Rosa Chinesis, Sachiko-sama's onee-sama.

            >I hope they do the movie as yuri as possible (shouldn't be hard ^.-)
            >and the triangle KK/Mayumi/Chigusa is solved in a happy romantic
            >threesome! (okey maybe I'm asking too much there ^.- )

            Sadly, it doesn't look like there's any yuri, but I'm with you in hoping.

            High-speed users�be more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet
            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 4 4:27 PM
              >From: "cricharddavies" <cricharddavies@...>

              >BlackJack was created by Osamu Tezuka. You may be thinking of Violent
              >Jack, the sequel to DevilMan.

              Quite right, I stand corrected.

              Find high-speed �net deals � comparison-shop your local providers here.
              https://broadband.msn.com
            • Carmen DiProspero
              Message 6 of 22 , Feb 4 4:42 PM
                --- Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

                > >From: Adam Jones <adam@...>
                > > > Coming to theaters in Japan this weekend - Go
                > Nagai's uber-cheeseball
                > > > naked heroine, Kekko Kamen!
                > > >
                > > > See the utterly hysterical trailer:
                > http://www.kekkou.jp/trailer.html
                > >
                > >Gyaaah!
                > >
                > >Erica, you just broke my brane. That hurt.
                >
                > Not *me*! I didn't create her! Blame Go Nagai, who
                > also brought us Cutey
                > Honey (nude frontal transforming android), Devilman
                > (nice guy becomes
                > monster), Devilman Lady (nice woman becomes monster
                > because of evil lesbian
                > transgendered chick from NewJersey) and Black Jack
                > (rogue surgeon.)
                >
                > The man is a genius.

                You betcha. And some other great Nagai "classics" that
                were released on VHS: "The Abashiri Family", "Hannape
                Bazooka", "Shuten Doji", "Black Lion", and "Violence
                Jack".

                But Nagai did "Black Jack"? I thought that Ozumu
                Tezuka created that.

                (In case someone else pointed that out, my apologies,
                I check out my group posts from the bottom then work
                up to the newest one)

                Carmen ^_^

                Only 9 days to Katsucon, and counting!

                > Yuricon - "For real women who like their
                > women...animated."
                > http://www.yuricon.org

                > The Fanfic Revolution -
                > http://www.fanficrevolution.org
                >
                > Because fanfic does not have to suck

                > Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software
                ・> optimizes dial-up to the max!

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
              • shenotski
                Message 7 of 22 , Feb 4 7:33 PM
                  I was going to post on this, guess i missed my chance to. So on an
                  evil scale of 1-10 how do you guys rate this?
                • rosepress@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 22 , Feb 4 8:12 PM
                    In a message dated 2/4/2004 1:59:59 PM Central Standard Time, thezencricket@... writes:
                    I've never heard of KK and I was just wondering why she fights
                    crime naked?  Is it like her super power?
                    Hmm, Maggie Thompson, years ago, wrote a story about two novice crimefighters who got so excited by their first perpetrator that they kept on going and accidentally removed their hero suits as well as their everyday garments.

                    Nude Man and NaKid, they was.

                    Rose
                  • karen_saku
                    Message 9 of 22 , Feb 4 8:44 PM
                      O_o Okay....that was an utterly unique experience in watching this
                      trailer. Kekkou Kamen, what a cheesy name! After being speechless,
                      I suddenly had a vision of Kikkoman.^^;; This looks like such a
                      humourous movie, can't wait to laugh it up, I already did when
                      Kekkou Kamen opened her mouth with the hero speech. The action parts
                      intrigue me..*staring at the nunchaku* and it looks like there might
                      be some yuri subtext.
                      -ES
                    • stellaluna_42
                      Message 10 of 22 , Feb 5 9:15 AM
                        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "karen_saku" <enatsuki@h...> wrote:
                        > O_o Okay....that was an utterly unique experience in watching this
                        > trailer. Kekkou Kamen, what a cheesy name! After being
                        speechless,
                        > I suddenly had a vision of Kikkoman.^^;;

                        Don't forget about Keiko Ramen.
                        http://www.cosplaycloset.com/Costumes/KeikoRamen/Keiko01.gif
                        Here she is again with Kikkoman.
                        http://www.thejasper.com/Engrish/Engrish00/Rumble01.gif

                        STELLALUNA ^_^v
                      • karen_saku
                        Message 11 of 22 , Feb 6 11:23 PM
                          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "stellaluna_42" <stellaluna_42@y...>
                          wrote:

                          > Don't forget about Keiko Ramen.
                          > http://www.cosplaycloset.com/Costumes/KeikoRamen/Keiko01.gif
                          > Here she is again with Kikkoman.
                          > http://www.thejasper.com/Engrish/Engrish00/Rumble01.gif
                          >
                          > STELLALUNA ^_^v

                          Thanks for the lovely pictures that made my imagery come true. At
                          first I thought Keiko Ramen was holding some dangerous tampons but I
                          guess some sort of fish cakes makes more sense.^^;;

                          -ES
                        • Cyborgnut42@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 22 , Feb 9 4:23 PM
                            say

                            is there a way for us fans to get ahold of the film for our own collection?

                            or any of the other live action films?

                            if so please tell

                            thanks!

                            grant