Re: Yuri Shimai 2

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 3, 2004
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Sean Gaffney" <sean@c...> wrote:

      > 2) School story. Some bondage, some boob grabbing, lotsa angst.

      This is actually the best of the bunch, by Morinaga Milk (the same
      team that gave us "But We're Not Friends" from YS1.) The title is Kiss
      and Love and the Prince. Other than Stawberry Shake, it's the best
      story. (As was MM's first story.)

      The story takes place in te same school that "But We're Not Friends"
      took place in. "Kiss" is about two girls who are practicing for a
      play. The girl who is playing the princess, Narumi, doesn't really
      understand that Princess' feeling, so Tachibana-sempai, the girl
      playing the Prince ties Narumi's hands behind her back, like the
      Princess in the play. Caught up in the moment, the Prince kisses the
      Princess.

      There's a little angst, but mostly it's because Narumi actually
      *likes* Tachibana. When Tachibana tried to apologize for her behavior,
      she realizes that she did what she did because she likes Narumi. Ahah!

      So, they live happily every after, and Nana and Hitomi from "But We're
      Not Friends" make a cameo. :-)

      > 4) Strawberry Shake, which is far more interesting than 90% of the
      > other stories, mostly as it's not in a school, and the lead girl is
      > certifiably nuts. I am so pleased we're getting more of this. Best
      > of the volume.

      They aren't schoolgirls (although Julia plays one on TV...literally)
      but they are still 16. Julia's much like Tachibana in the above story
      - she knows what she wants...but in her case, her manager is trying to
      avoid a scandal between her and Ran.

      Your synopses bring up several points - 1) Anything can sound
      perverted when you describe it...and 2) YS isn't REALLY written for
      middle-school age audience at all.

      1) I say this because despite your description, Yuri Shimai is full of
      nothing more than a few kisses and that irritating convention, the
      chest grab. Mostly it's lingerng looks and confessions of love with no
      follow up.

      2) There's no furigana, which makes reading this a little more
      time-consuming for me than genuinely teen-oriented manga.

    • Clarissa C. S. Ryan
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 3, 2004
        An American friend of mine in Japan says that young Japanese women grab
        her breasts all the time. (She is curvy and big-busted.)

        heh.

        I thought the princess story was intriguing despite the weird eyes.

        --
        Clarissa Cates-Smith Ryan
        claris@...
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 3, 2004
          >From: "Clarissa C. S. Ryan" <claris@...>

          >An American friend of mine in Japan says that young Japanese women grab
          >her breasts all the time. (She is curvy and big-busted.)

          Okay then, there you go. :)

          >heh.
          >
          >I thought the princess story was intriguing despite the weird eyes.

          I remember that artist from somewhere else - a doujinshi maybe. It was a
          Haruka/Michiru story...the princess looks exactly the same as their Michiru.

          What are the 5 hot job markets for 2004? Click here to find out.
          http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Custom/MSN/CareerAdvice/WPI_WhereWillWeFindJobsIn2004.htm?siteid=CBMSN3006&sc_extcmp=JS_wi08_dec03_hotmail1
        • Kitsune
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 3, 2004

            Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

            >I thought the princess story was intriguing despite the weird eyes.
            I remember that artist from somewhere else - a doujinshi maybe. It was a
            Haruka/Michiru story...the princess looks exactly the same as their Michiru.

            I'd like to see a picture of Michiru like that. Any idea where I might find one?

            ~Kitsune~

            Do you Yahoo!?
          • stellaluna_42
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 4, 2004
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Clarissa C. S. Ryan" <claris@s...>
              wrote:
              > An American friend of mine in Japan says that young Japanese women
              grab
              > her breasts all the time. (She is curvy and big-busted.)
              >
              > heh.

              Now I can't wait to go to Japan. *eg*

              STELLALUNA >_<
            • clea
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 4, 2004
                ---
                Oh how I long to be an anime character in strawberry shake. As for
                the others, maybe my penchant for boob grabbing would no longer be
                such a social drawback.

                In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Sean Gaffney" <sean@c...> wrote:
                > I'm sure Erica will be surprised that I got this, since I told her
                > not 3 weeks ago I wasn't getting this. But I got a late Xmas
                > present, and decided to make it YS 1 and 2 from Amazon.jp.
                (Shipping