Re: [Yuricon] Yuri Shimai 2

  • Akane Nokitsune
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 3, 2004
      Darn..;.; Kinokuniya in my area couldn't get it
      in..;.;

      HAmmer-chan.

      --- Sean Gaffney <sean@...> wrote: > I'm
      sure Erica will be surprised that I got this,

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 3, 2004
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Sean Gaffney" <sean@c...> wrote:

        > 2) School story. Some bondage, some boob grabbing, lotsa angst.

        This is actually the best of the bunch, by Morinaga Milk (the same
        team that gave us "But We're Not Friends" from YS1.) The title is Kiss
        and Love and the Prince. Other than Stawberry Shake, it's the best
        story. (As was MM's first story.)

        The story takes place in te same school that "But We're Not Friends"
        took place in. "Kiss" is about two girls who are practicing for a
        play. The girl who is playing the princess, Narumi, doesn't really
        understand that Princess' feeling, so Tachibana-sempai, the girl
        playing the Prince ties Narumi's hands behind her back, like the
        Princess in the play. Caught up in the moment, the Prince kisses the
        Princess.

        There's a little angst, but mostly it's because Narumi actually
        *likes* Tachibana. When Tachibana tried to apologize for her behavior,
        she realizes that she did what she did because she likes Narumi. Ahah!

        So, they live happily every after, and Nana and Hitomi from "But We're
        Not Friends" make a cameo. :-)

        > 4) Strawberry Shake, which is far more interesting than 90% of the
        > other stories, mostly as it's not in a school, and the lead girl is
        > certifiably nuts. I am so pleased we're getting more of this. Best
        > of the volume.

        They aren't schoolgirls (although Julia plays one on TV...literally)
        but they are still 16. Julia's much like Tachibana in the above story
        - she knows what she wants...but in her case, her manager is trying to
        avoid a scandal between her and Ran.

        Your synopses bring up several points - 1) Anything can sound
        perverted when you describe it...and 2) YS isn't REALLY written for
        middle-school age audience at all.

        1) I say this because despite your description, Yuri Shimai is full of
        nothing more than a few kisses and that irritating convention, the
        chest grab. Mostly it's lingerng looks and confessions of love with no
        follow up.

        2) There's no furigana, which makes reading this a little more
        time-consuming for me than genuinely teen-oriented manga.

      • Clarissa C. S. Ryan
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 3, 2004
          An American friend of mine in Japan says that young Japanese women grab
          her breasts all the time. (She is curvy and big-busted.)

          heh.

          I thought the princess story was intriguing despite the weird eyes.

          --
          Clarissa Cates-Smith Ryan
          claris@...
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 3, 2004
            >From: "Clarissa C. S. Ryan" <claris@...>

            >An American friend of mine in Japan says that young Japanese women grab
            >her breasts all the time. (She is curvy and big-busted.)

            Okay then, there you go. :)

            >heh.
            >
            >I thought the princess story was intriguing despite the weird eyes.

            I remember that artist from somewhere else - a doujinshi maybe. It was a
            Haruka/Michiru story...the princess looks exactly the same as their Michiru.

            What are the 5 hot job markets for 2004? Click here to find out.
            http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Custom/MSN/CareerAdvice/WPI_WhereWillWeFindJobsIn2004.htm?siteid=CBMSN3006&sc_extcmp=JS_wi08_dec03_hotmail1
          • Kitsune
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 3, 2004

              Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

              >I thought the princess story was intriguing despite the weird eyes.
              I remember that artist from somewhere else - a doujinshi maybe. It was a
              Haruka/Michiru story...the princess looks exactly the same as their Michiru.

              I'd like to see a picture of Michiru like that. Any idea where I might find one?

              ~Kitsune~

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • stellaluna_42
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 4, 2004
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Clarissa C. S. Ryan" <claris@s...>
                wrote:
                > An American friend of mine in Japan says that young Japanese women
                grab
                > her breasts all the time. (She is curvy and big-busted.)
                >
                > heh.

                Now I can't wait to go to Japan. *eg*

                STELLALUNA >_<
              • clea
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 4, 2004
                  ---
                  Oh how I long to be an anime character in strawberry shake. As for
                  the others, maybe my penchant for boob grabbing would no longer be
                  such a social drawback.