Yokohama Shopping Log

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2004
      Just finished all 8 volumes of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou...what a lovely story
      it is. Nothing really happens, but as a slice of life, it's just adorable.

      The yuri is incidental...and kind of funny.

      The story revolves around the life of Alpha, a robot, who runs a coffee shop
      in a sort of peaceful, post-apocalyptic corner of Japan. In the beginning of
      the series, she's visited by another robot who gives Alpha a message from
      her owner. Kokone, the messenger, from that point on, develops a crush on
      Alpha and they have a few really beautiful moments together...nothing sexual
      - just moments pregnant with "feeling."

      There's a third robot, Meruko, who is pretty openly lesbian. She thinks
      Kokone is cute - even asks her out for that tradtional lesbian mating meal -
      a cup of coffee - but Kokone is too far gone on Alpha to notice. :-)
      (There's a cute 4-panel comic in one volume, in which Meruko is trying to
      chat Kokone up, but all Kokone will talk about is Alpha.)

      The story, as I said, is not about anything special, but it's a very
      peaceful, beautiful story and left me wanting alot more.

      The two-episode OVA is an extremely well-drawn version of the first volume
      of the manga...I just wish they'd make more. I think Alpha is just so damn
      cute! :-)

      http://wine.msn.com/
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2004
        And for the completeists in the audience - there's a lovely artbook with a
        few pictures of Kokone and Alpha together and a Drama CD that, sadly, ends,
        just as Kokone shows up at Alpha's door. Nonetheless, it's a very nice drama
        cd with very pleasant musical interludes and backgrounds.

        Find high-speed �net deals � comparison-shop your local providers here.
        https://broadband.msn.com
      • Tim II
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2004
          http://ykk.misago.org/Contents

          I just download scanlations for Vol.11 (need to read
          it still). I know it is slow paced but some how I
          have keep reading it.

          And I think Manga project just started or is almost to
          Vol.10

          Sincer,

          Tim II- Challenger

          --- Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:
          > Just finished all 8 volumes of Yokohama Kaidashi

          > Yuricon - "For real women who like their
          > women...animated."
          > http://www.yuricon.org

          > The Fanfic Revolution -
          > http://www.fanficrevolution.org
          >
          > Because fanfic does not have to suck

          http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
        • J Butler
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 3, 2004
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman"
            <alecto_fury@h...> wrote:
            > Just finished all 8 volumes of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou...
            what a lovely story it is.

            Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!

            (shoves hand up)

            And don't forget my beloved ol' AMV of YKK!

            http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=12925

            Aah, those were the days. I remember this one
            because I had to go to all that trouble of removing
            the hardsubs. Oy, what an effort! ^_^

            But it was YKK, and I just HAD to make this one.
            Ah, memories...

            Kisses XXOOXX
            Jen
          • Akane Nokitsune
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 3, 2004
              As I couldn't seem to order in Yuri Shimai II through
              Kinokuniya, could someone tell me how I could get it
              elsewhere?

              Hammer-chan.

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 3, 2004
                >From: "J Butler" <puni@...>

                >And don't forget my beloved ol' AMV of YKK!

                >But it was YKK, and I just HAD to make this one.
                >Ah, memories...

                That was really great! I don't remember if I've watched it before, but I'll
                definitely watch that again! :) Aren't Kokone and Alpha adorable together?
                Maybe I'll write a story for them one day.

                The episode of the thunderstorm that catches Alpha is on the drama cd - even
                the bit about her hair. :-)

                High-speed users�be more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 3, 2004
                  From: Akane Nokitsune <hammerakane@...>

                  >As I couldn't seem to order in Yuri Shimai II through
                  >Kinokuniya, could someone tell me how I could get it
                  >elsewhere?

                  Try Amazon Japan.
                  http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4896445368/ref=sr_aps_b_3/249-2789500-7189112

                  http://wine.msn.com/
                • Akane Nokitsune
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 4, 2004
                    Arrigato. *^^*

                    Hammer-chan.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 8, 2004
                      >From: "barahime@..." <barahime@...>

                      >Just FYI, there appear to be at least two more drama
                      >CDs for YKK

                      Woohoo! Something else to keep on the lookout for. Thanks for the heads up!
                      :-)

                      Check out the great features of the new MSN 9 Dial-up, with the MSN Dial-up
                      Accelerator. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/