Three quickies

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2004
      Just a few lines about some possible yuri-ish anime.

      Three Quick Anime Yuri Updates

      Mezzo - I've been seeing some noise on the Japanese yuri sites about
      this anime that follows the OVA Mezzo Forte. At episode 4 I can't say
      I've seen it, but there's still the possibility of yuri. Mikura is
      certainly admired strongly by Asami, the girl she rescues in the first
      episode, but I think any real anything will come from the rival she
      hasn't yet met and will next episode. Cute girls with guns. Possible
      yuri. Keep your eyes peeled.

      Tokyo Underground - I can only assume that the yuri mentioned in this
      series exists in the manga, 'cause it sure ain't in the anime. The
      second episode for this series was the single most predictable thing
      I've ever watched ever. Chelsea Rorec is cool...but if she's in love
      with Ruri-sama, then she hides it well.

      Kaleido Star - what a challenge, watching a raw episode of anime...
      with no sound. But I just did it. Very intruiging...what were they
      talking about? Who can tell! I was watching the most recent episode of
      this series because its silly and kind of fun, not becaue it has any
      great merit. I was also thinkng that, now that Layla's not performing,
      there's not a whole lot o' yuri...since the second 13 episodes was
      more about her and Sora than anything.

      Well, at the climax of Ep. 43, there is a sweet romantic scene between
      the big, black Mr. Policeman and his girlfriend, Kate. It's cute, and
      goofy and anyone who's ever been in love will be smiling, just
      because. Ken, the boy who'se gaga over Sora turns and looks at her
      longingly, as she watches Police-san and Kate, but more importantly,
      behind Sora are Anna and Mia, staring into each other's eyes and
      smiling. Awwwww.... we've always known they're a pair, we just don't
      get to see it often, so that was kinda nice.

    • runaway_donkey
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
        >Very intruiging...what were they talking about?

        well, you probably didnt miss much, but the gist of it was that
        police's long time dream was to propose to kate by his 30th
        birthday, which, you guessed it, was that day.

        > this series because its silly and kind of fun, not becaue it has
        any
        > great merit. I was also thinkng that, now that Layla's not
        performing,
        > there's not a whole lot o' yuri...since the second 13 episodes was
        > more about her and Sora than anything.

        yeah, its starting to wear on me too, but at least this episode was
        low on the leon angst. though it is mildly amusing to watch layla
        and her friend from broadway torture may.

        > Well, at the climax of Ep. 43, there is a sweet romantic scene

        yeah, that was a cute moment all around. sappy, but cute.

        -alf,
        who should really find out when all the actual yuri themed shows are
        on.