Re: In all the wrong places...

  • Rose
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2004
      > There is always tension between reality and fiction: reality has no
      artistic
      > vision, no storyline, no intent to entertain. On the other hand,
      it's REAL.
      > You need a healthy dose of both to maintain your sense of
      proportion.

      > Rose

      Well, I honestly prefer a larger dose of (the real - not celebrity)
      reality, as it tends to remind you that just because your neighbor is
      hot, she's not lesbian too. Fiction is always nice because it gives
      you the courage to walk up to her and ask her out even if reality is
      telling you she's straight, married and has four children. ;)

      Oh, and as for the "popular lesbian" thing, this particular
      performance was made before Quidam, which was '99. I can't say I
      looked to see when it had been filmed because I was off in my own
      little world by the time the credits rolled... But I suppose the
      point is that it was a very brave performance for it being before the
      pro-gay situation we've got now. (I noticed a little later that, in
      fact, I hadn't seen a single act with a male and a female on stage
      together - except when they all took their final bows - And the
      costumes were very rainbow.)

      ~Rose
      "I'm going to make a T-shirt. On it, it will say 'Child Abuser' -
      Just because of those commercials."

      P.S. A belated happy New Year to everyone.