Re: [Yuricon] Digest Number 979

  • Renee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      Welcome Nelly-kun, happy new year everyone.^_^

      Yuricon@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      There are 12 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Unofficial Yuricon auction
      From: "atheniag"
      2. Re: Welcome to our new members!
      From: "nellyl87"
      3. RE: Re: Welcome to our new members!
      From: "Erica Friedman"
      4. Akemashite Omodetou Gozaimasu
      From: "atheniag"
      5. Re: Akemashite Omodetou Gozaimasu
      From: "cricharddavies"
      6. Re: Welcome to our new members!
      From: "shenotski"
      7. In all the wrong places...
      From: "Rose"
      8. Re: In all the wrong places...
      From: "Dark Light"
      9. Re: Akemashite Omodetou Gozaimasu
      From: "atheniag"
      10. Re: In all the wrong places...
      From: "atheniag"
      11. Re: Re: In all the wrong places...
      From: rosepress@...
      12. Re: Re: In all the wrong places...
      From: "Dark Light"

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 02:41:54 -0000
      From: "atheniag"
      Subject: Unofficial Yuricon auction

      It's not an official Yuricon auction - but it is from my collection.
      :-)

      This Newtype issue includes a Utena poster, And issue of Angel/Dust
      Neo AND Card Captor Sakura cards.

      If it had a Uranus/Neptune pic, it'd score 100% on the yuri scale. LOL

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
      ViewItem&item=3264124167&category=1345&rd=1

      All purchases from Yuricon and my collection go to fund Yuri
      Monogatari, Works and other ALC Publishing Yuri Manga Projects.
      Honest. :-)

      Message: 2
      Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 03:13:57 -0000
      From: "nellyl87"
      Subject: Re: Welcome to our new members!

      It's kinda sad, how I joined this list a few months ago and have
      been so busy I completely forgot about hitting the site... ^^; Such
      are the woes of high school students...

      Anyway, I'm Janelle, aka Nelly-kun, and this has got to be the most
      fun webgroup I've joined in a while. Nice people, and you guys love
      yuri as much as I do! KUDOS to everybody this New Year's Eve! =^_^=
      So yea... my favorite Yuri couple? That's a toughie..., but at the
      moment I'd have to say Akari and Kris from the Battle Athletes OVAs
      and Victory (if you haven't seen it, go watch it! NOW!)

      Manga-wize... I really don't know, but it's a toss up between Haruka
      and Michiru, and Miyuki-chan with the Cheshire Cat (mreow!)

      I'd like to take a moment out and say one little think to Erica-san:
      YOU ARE GOD OF YURI FANFICTION!!! TEACH ME NOT TO SUCK AT WRITING
      IT!!!
      *ahem* anyway... ^^; Hopefully everybody has a totally awesome New
      Year's Eve/New Year's, and I'll actually find a way to come back
      here more often...
      ~*Nelly-kun*~

      Message: 3
      Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 23:39:11 -0500
      From: "Erica Friedman"
      Subject: RE: Re: Welcome to our new members!

      >From: "nellyl87"
      Welcome, belatedly, then. :-)

      >I'd like to take a moment out and say one little think to Erica-san:
      >YOU ARE GOD OF YURI FANFICTION!!! TEACH ME NOT TO SUCK AT WRITING
      >IT!!!

      Thank you. Here's my advice:

      Start by paying very close attention to any English teachers you have ever
      had...they knew what they were talking about.

      Then, read. A lot. Read stuff they made you read in school and this time -
      pay attention.

      You can check out my "Fanfic Writer's Workshop" at
      http://www.worldshaking.net/ff_workshop1.htm, but it's nothing your English
      teachers didn't already tell you, but y.ou weren't listening

      Good luck!

      Working moms: Find helpful tips here on managing kids, home, work � and
      yourself. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/workingmom.armx

      Message: 4
      Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 04:41:53 -0000
      From: "atheniag"
      Subject: Akemashite Omodetou Gozaimasu

      I know it's been 2004 for many people on this list for hours, but it
      is still 21 minutes short in this time zone. Nonetheless...

      On behalf of the Staff of Yuricon, let me wish you all a very happy,
      healthy and prosperous New Year.

      Message: 5
      Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 05:42:23 -0000
      From: "cricharddavies"
      Subject: Re: Akemashite Omodetou Gozaimasu

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" wrote:
      > I know it's been 2004 for many people on this list for hours, but
      it
      > is still 21 minutes short in this time zone. Nonetheless...
      >
      > On behalf of the Staff of Yuricon, let me wish you all a very
      happy,
      > healthy and prosperous New Year.

      If this is supposed to be the year of the lily, then shouldn't the
      girl in the opening picture be using a lily as a sex toy instead of a
      rose?

      Chris Davies.

      Message: 6
      Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 08:14:02 -0000
      From: "shenotski"

      All of you....

      RUN while you still can.

      Message: 7
      Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 10:50:12 -0000
      From: "Rose"
      Subject: In all the wrong places...

      Now, this is probably my sleep-deprived, slightly contaminated with
      alcohol, mind at work, but I was just watching a Cirque du Soleil
      performance. Saltimbanco, I'm pretty sure. But anyhow, because my
      mind works in mysterious ways, I was thinking "Wouldn't it be great
      if two of the female contortionists did something together?"
      Of course, about three minutes later they finished the current act,
      carried - quite literally - out the next performers and guess what?
      So, now there were two females on stage, and proceeded with their
      little bit. Now, they got on a swing together, and did their
      tricks. However! There were several occasions in which they
      positioned themselves in ways they didn't necessarily need to in
      order to do what they were doing. And, a bit more rarely, they would
      give eachother such peculiar looks...
      So, somehow, I picked up implications from a Cirque performance.
      Excuse me while I go ponder where my sanity went.

      ~Rose
      "They tell me I'm twisted like a Twizzler. I don't even *like*
      Twizzlers."

      Message: 8
      Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 15:20:14 +0100
      From: "Dark Light"
      Subject: Re: In all the wrong places...

      > There were several occasions in which they
      > positioned themselves in ways they didn't necessarily
      > need to in order to do what they were doing. And, a bit > more rarely, they would give eachother such peculiar
      > looks...

      I am not surprised at all... lesbianism is now fashionable. In other words it is commercial, it brings money, money make the world go round and so on. Take for example all these stars (singers, actors) that either make bold comments or somehow imply that they might be involved in such a relationship. And though we can all be happy for the lesbian flings, I cannot help feeling that lesbianism was supposed to be an act of love rather than a fashion thing...

      That is why I still prefer animated lesbians. They seem more "real"...

      Happy New Year!
      DL
      Check out the latest SMS services @ http://www.operamail.com, which allows you to send SMS through your mailbox.

      Powered by Outblaze

      Message: 9
      Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 15:28:25 -0000
      From: "atheniag"

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "cricharddavies"
      wrote:

      > If this is supposed to be the year of the lily, then shouldn't the
      > girl in the opening picture be using a lily as a sex toy instead of
      > rose?

      The picture's a few years old...maybe someone will draw us a new one.
      :-)

      Message: 10
      Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 15:32:20 -0000
      From: "atheniag"

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Dark Light" wrote:

      > That is why I still prefer animated lesbians. They seem more "real".
      ..

      Take a step back from this and reconsider. :-)

      Reality, because of its inherent flakiness, is *always* more
      interesting than what's playing on your computer or TV screen. :-)

      Message: 11
      Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 12:10:39 EST
      From: rosepress@...
      Subject: Re: Re: In all the wrong places...

      In a message dated 1/1/2004 9:33:43 AM Central Standard Time,
      anilesbocon01@... writes:
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Dark Light" wrote:

      > That is why I still prefer animated lesbians. They seem more "real".
      ..

      Take a step back from this and reconsider. :-)

      Reality, because of its inherent flakiness, is *always* more
      interesting than what's playing on your computer or TV screen. :-)
      There is always tension between reality and fiction: reality has no artistic
      vision, no storyline, no intent to entertain. On the other hand, it's REAL.
      You need a healthy dose of both to maintain your sense of proportion.

      Rose

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 12
      Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 20:45:23 +0100
      From: "Dark Light"

      > > That is why I still prefer animated lesbians. They seem more "real".
      > ..
      >
      > Take a step back from this and reconsider. :-)
      >
      > Reality, because of its inherent flakiness, is *always* > more interesting than what's playing on your computer or > TV screen. :-)

      Ah, this is only a misinterpretation of what I said :)

      Luckily enough, I do appreciate "real" life. I compare the animated heroines with all these celebrities acting gay - in certain cases I am so convinced this only happens because it is fashionable. So no, there is nothing to reconsider. I still prefer Utena to Britney :)

      And yes, I do agree with Rose. You need a healthy dose of both fiction and reality to maintain your sense of proportion. Though real life has a storyline, and in my experience, it may surpass even the most creative imagination.

      Best wishes,