Re: In all the wrong places...

  • cricharddavies
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Dark Light" <darklight@o...> wrote:
      > Luckily enough, I do appreciate "real" life. I compare the animated
      > heroines with all these celebrities acting gay - in certain cases I
      > am so convinced this only happens because it is fashionable. So no,
      > there is nothing to reconsider. I still prefer Utena to Britney :)

      Personally, I'd rather have both.

      Simultaneously, of course.

      Chris Davies.
    • Rose
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2004
        > There is always tension between reality and fiction: reality has no
        artistic
        > vision, no storyline, no intent to entertain. On the other hand,
        it's REAL.
        > You need a healthy dose of both to maintain your sense of
        proportion.

        > Rose

        Well, I honestly prefer a larger dose of (the real - not celebrity)
        reality, as it tends to remind you that just because your neighbor is
        hot, she's not lesbian too. Fiction is always nice because it gives
        you the courage to walk up to her and ask her out even if reality is
        telling you she's straight, married and has four children. ;)

        Oh, and as for the "popular lesbian" thing, this particular
        performance was made before Quidam, which was '99. I can't say I
        looked to see when it had been filmed because I was off in my own
        little world by the time the credits rolled... But I suppose the
        point is that it was a very brave performance for it being before the
        pro-gay situation we've got now. (I noticed a little later that, in
        fact, I hadn't seen a single act with a male and a female on stage
        together - except when they all took their final bows - And the
        costumes were very rainbow.)

        ~Rose
        "I'm going to make a T-shirt. On it, it will say 'Child Abuser' -
        Just because of those commercials."

        P.S. A belated happy New Year to everyone.