Re: [Yuricon] Re: In all the wrong places...

  • Dark Light
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@...>
      Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 15:32:20 -0000

      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Dark Light" <darklight@o...> wrote:

      > > That is why I still prefer animated lesbians. They seem more "real".
      > ..
      >
      > Take a step back from this and reconsider. :-)
      >
      > Reality, because of its inherent flakiness, is *always* > more interesting than what's playing on your computer or > TV screen. :-)

      Ah, this is only a misinterpretation of what I said :)

      Luckily enough, I do appreciate "real" life. I compare the animated heroines with all these celebrities acting gay - in certain cases I am so convinced this only happens because it is fashionable. So no, there is nothing to reconsider. I still prefer Utena to Britney :)

      And yes, I do agree with Rose. You need a healthy dose of both fiction and reality to maintain your sense of proportion. Though real life has a storyline, and in my experience, it may surpass even the most creative imagination.

      Best wishes,
      DL

      Check out the latest SMS services @ http://www.operamail.com, which allows you to send SMS through your mailbox.

      Powered by Outblaze
    • cricharddavies
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Dark Light" <darklight@o...> wrote:
        > Luckily enough, I do appreciate "real" life. I compare the animated
        > heroines with all these celebrities acting gay - in certain cases I
        > am so convinced this only happens because it is fashionable. So no,
        > there is nothing to reconsider. I still prefer Utena to Britney :)

        Personally, I'd rather have both.

        Simultaneously, of course.

        Chris Davies.
      • Rose
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2004
          > There is always tension between reality and fiction: reality has no
          artistic
          > vision, no storyline, no intent to entertain. On the other hand,
          it's REAL.
          > You need a healthy dose of both to maintain your sense of
          proportion.

          > Rose

          Well, I honestly prefer a larger dose of (the real - not celebrity)
          reality, as it tends to remind you that just because your neighbor is
          hot, she's not lesbian too. Fiction is always nice because it gives
          you the courage to walk up to her and ask her out even if reality is
          telling you she's straight, married and has four children. ;)

          Oh, and as for the "popular lesbian" thing, this particular
          performance was made before Quidam, which was '99. I can't say I
          looked to see when it had been filmed because I was off in my own
          little world by the time the credits rolled... But I suppose the
          point is that it was a very brave performance for it being before the
          pro-gay situation we've got now. (I noticed a little later that, in
          fact, I hadn't seen a single act with a male and a female on stage
          together - except when they all took their final bows - And the
          costumes were very rainbow.)

          ~Rose
          "I'm going to make a T-shirt. On it, it will say 'Child Abuser' -
          Just because of those commercials."

          P.S. A belated happy New Year to everyone.