Re: [Yuricon] In all the wrong places...

  • Dark Light
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
      From: "Rose" <UtenasRedRose@...>
      Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 10:50:12 -0000
      Subject: [Yuricon] In all the wrong places...

      > So, now there were two females on stage
      [...]
      > There were several occasions in which they
      > positioned themselves in ways they didn't necessarily
      > need to in order to do what they were doing. And, a bit > more rarely, they would give eachother such peculiar
      > looks...

      I am not surprised at all... lesbianism is now fashionable. In other words it is commercial, it brings money, money make the world go round and so on. Take for example all these stars (singers, actors) that either make bold comments or somehow imply that they might be involved in such a relationship. And though we can all be happy for the lesbian flings, I cannot help feeling that lesbianism was supposed to be an act of love rather than a fashion thing...

      That is why I still prefer animated lesbians. They seem more "real"...

      Happy New Year!
      DL
      Check out the latest SMS services @ http://www.operamail.com, which allows you to send SMS through your mailbox.

      Powered by Outblaze
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Dark Light" <darklight@o...> wrote:

        > That is why I still prefer animated lesbians. They seem more "real".
        ..

        Take a step back from this and reconsider. :-)

        Reality, because of its inherent flakiness, is *always* more
        interesting than what's playing on your computer or TV screen. :-)

      • rosepress@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
          In a message dated 1/1/2004 9:33:43 AM Central Standard Time, anilesbocon01@... writes:
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Dark Light" <darklight@o...> wrote:

          > That is why I still prefer animated lesbians. They seem more "real".
          ..

          Take a step back from this and reconsider. :-)

          Reality, because of its inherent flakiness, is *always* more
          interesting than what's playing on your computer or TV screen. :-)
          There is always tension between reality and fiction: reality has no artistic vision, no storyline, no intent to entertain. On the other hand, it's REAL. You need a healthy dose of both to maintain your sense of proportion.

          Rose
        • Dark Light
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
            From: "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@...>
            Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 15:32:20 -0000

            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Dark Light" <darklight@o...> wrote:

            > > That is why I still prefer animated lesbians. They seem more "real".
            > ..
            >
            > Take a step back from this and reconsider. :-)
            >
            > Reality, because of its inherent flakiness, is *always* > more interesting than what's playing on your computer or > TV screen. :-)

            Ah, this is only a misinterpretation of what I said :)

            Luckily enough, I do appreciate "real" life. I compare the animated heroines with all these celebrities acting gay - in certain cases I am so convinced this only happens because it is fashionable. So no, there is nothing to reconsider. I still prefer Utena to Britney :)

            And yes, I do agree with Rose. You need a healthy dose of both fiction and reality to maintain your sense of proportion. Though real life has a storyline, and in my experience, it may surpass even the most creative imagination.

            Best wishes,
            DL

            Check out the latest SMS services @ http://www.operamail.com, which allows you to send SMS through your mailbox.

            Powered by Outblaze
          • cricharddavies
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Dark Light" <darklight@o...> wrote:
              > Luckily enough, I do appreciate "real" life. I compare the animated
              > heroines with all these celebrities acting gay - in certain cases I
              > am so convinced this only happens because it is fashionable. So no,
              > there is nothing to reconsider. I still prefer Utena to Britney :)

              Personally, I'd rather have both.

              Simultaneously, of course.

              Chris Davies.
            • Rose
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2004
                > There is always tension between reality and fiction: reality has no
                artistic
                > vision, no storyline, no intent to entertain. On the other hand,
                it's REAL.
                > You need a healthy dose of both to maintain your sense of
                proportion.

                > Rose

                Well, I honestly prefer a larger dose of (the real - not celebrity)
                reality, as it tends to remind you that just because your neighbor is
                hot, she's not lesbian too. Fiction is always nice because it gives
                you the courage to walk up to her and ask her out even if reality is
                telling you she's straight, married and has four children. ;)

                Oh, and as for the "popular lesbian" thing, this particular
                performance was made before Quidam, which was '99. I can't say I
                looked to see when it had been filmed because I was off in my own
                little world by the time the credits rolled... But I suppose the
                point is that it was a very brave performance for it being before the
                pro-gay situation we've got now. (I noticed a little later that, in
                fact, I hadn't seen a single act with a male and a female on stage
                together - except when they all took their final bows - And the
                costumes were very rainbow.)

                ~Rose
                "I'm going to make a T-shirt. On it, it will say 'Child Abuser' -
                Just because of those commercials."

                P.S. A belated happy New Year to everyone.