Collecting things Re: PGSM ratings?

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2003
      From: "kun" <kun@...>

      >Waitaminute...I thought you guys were done with the toy buying? ;p If you
      >get anymore, you'll be required to open a museum....

      Pattie collects the wands and locket. New locket, new wand...

      In retaliation I bought all 22 volumes of the Sukeban Deka manga. Yay! Now I
      have all three of the best girl-gang manga series from the 80's: Yaki Kita
      Gakuen Douchuuki, Hana no Asuka-gumi and Sukeban Deka, with all that lovely
      subtext.

      In fact, I was re-reading "Hana no Asuka-gumi Lonely Cats Battle Royale" (no
      kidding - that's the title) last night and once again noticed how everytime
      Yohko and Asuka meet, they sublimate their attraction to each other by
      fighting - the only acceptable way they can touch. Their fights go to the
      ground in about a page, page and a half, then they they spend the rest of
      the time rolling on top of each other, grappling. Usually another page or
      two. There's always one long, dramatic pause as they glare at one another,
      then Asuka breaks down and tears fall dramatcally and attractively down her
      face and Yohko says something meaningful, and then it's over....

      Every time.

      I love this series. :-)

      Wonder if the latest virus has gotten to your computer? Find out. Run the
      FREE McAfee online computer scan!
    • kun
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2003
        > Pattie collects the wands and locket. New locket, new wand...
        >
        > In retaliation I bought all 22 volumes of the Sukeban Deka manga. Yay! Now I
        > have all three of the best girl-gang manga series from the 80's: Yaki Kita
        > Gakuen Douchuuki, Hana no Asuka-gumi and Sukeban Deka, with all that lovely
        > subtext.

        Merry Christmas =^.^=

        Kun