new to anime

  • clea
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 9, 2003
      Hi I've just gotten back into anime after a long hiatus. What's new?
      It's been a while since I've caught anything more than Sailor Moon
      or Inu Yasha on YTV. I just want to know if anyone has any
      suggestions on series to get back in the swing of things. Oh, if I
      take a long time responding to messages don't take it personally.
      Sadly I have only been using a computer for a short while( I'm a
      former technophobe) and it's still touch and go as far as my
      comprehension of this wacky machine goes. Thanks for any
      suggestions!
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 9, 2003
        From: "clea" <umgarto0@...>

        >Hi I've just gotten back into anime after a long hiatus. What's new?
        >It's been a while since I've caught anything more than Sailor Moon
        >or Inu Yasha on YTV. I just want to know if anyone has any
        >suggestions on series to get back in the swing of things.

        Hi clea - tha's a pretty hard question to answer, because it entirely
        depends on what you like to watch and what you've already seen.

        Do you like action stories, or mecha, or magical girls, or high school
        dramas or what? :-)

        "The List" has been updated recently with asterisks (*) next to every anime
        and manga series that's available in official English-language translations
        - that might help you to find a seires you'll like.
        "The List" is at http://www.yuricon.org/list.htm

        Good luck!

        Our best dial-up offer is back. Get MSN Dial-up Internet Service for 6
        months @ $9.95/month now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup
      • kun
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 9, 2003
          > Hi I've just gotten back into anime after a long hiatus. What's new?
          > It's been a while since I've caught anything more than Sailor Moon
          > or Inu Yasha on YTV. I just want to know if anyone has any
          > suggestions on series to get back in the swing of things. Oh, if I
          > take a long time responding to messages don't take it personally.
          > Sadly I have only been using a computer for a short while( I'm a
          > former technophobe) and it's still touch and go as far as my
          > comprehension of this wacky machine goes. Thanks for any
          > suggestions!

          Well, Someday's Dreamers, a new anime that just came out on dvd, looks cute.
          It has absolutely no yuri subtext that I've seen on the first disk, but it's
          cute in that 'slice of life' kinda way =^.^=

          It's about a girl who causes miracles.

          Kun
          ----'-,-{@
        • Kathryn Williams
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 10, 2003
            Somebody's looks like the same art team as Figure 17 (which I noticed was
            also in stores) to much coming out at once and not money to afford it. I
            hate the winter months. *sighs*

            jaa ne

            Kat (who is avoiding doing dishes right now *sighs*)

            > Well, Someday's Dreamers, a new anime that just came out on dvd, looks
            cute.
            > It has absolutely no yuri subtext that I've seen on the first disk, but
            it's
            > cute in that 'slice of life' kinda way =^.^=
            >
            > It's about a girl who causes miracles.
            >
            > Kun
          • kun
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 10, 2003
              I knew it looked familiar...but I didn't watch enough of Figure 17 to make
              the connection.

              Kun

              *does a little dishwasher dance*