Live in Japan?

  • KathrynDarkStar@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2003
      Wow...my dad actually wants to take me on a trip to Japan. The reason? To buy cool cosplaying stuff, of course! But...he would feel better if I knew someone who lived in Japan, so do any of you? I need to know the customs, laws, etc., etc.
      ~Kitty-Kat

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2003
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, KathrynDarkStar@a... wrote:

        > Wow...my dad actually wants to take me on a trip to Japan. The
        reason? To buy
        > cool cosplaying stuff, of course! But...he would feel better if I
        knew
        > someone who lived in Japan, so do any of you? I need to know the
        customs, laws,
        > etc., etc.

        Customs don't really apply - you're just a tourist and a foreigner.
        But there are many, many good books on traveling in Japan. Go to a
        local bookstore and check the travel section.

        Laws? What kind of laws? Like about buying stuff? Unless you plan on
        purchasing thousands of dollars of anything, there's no law that is
        going to affect you. I packed all my hundreds of dollars of doujinshi
        and manga and toys in my luggage and took it home. No problem. If
        something is very large or heavy, you can ship it home.

        Other than that, what kinds of laws are you concerned with? Are you
        planning on murdering someone? :-)

        A good place to begin is your local library - the librarians there can
        help you find books about travel to and around Japan.

      • KathrynDarkStar@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2003
          whee! Erica responded! -=hearts float around head=-

          Random person:
          -=comes up and slaps Kitty-kat=-

          x.x;; um..sorry about that. Anyway, yeah, it hadn't occurred to me to check the library. >_>;; But the laws I was talking about were like...I heard you can't chew gum in public, etc. o.o; Weird law, but I heard it's a very clean country. ^____^ Well, after the snow clears, I'll walk to the library. I may as well get out some fiction while I'm there. :D

          ~Kitty-kat

          WHEEEEE I'M GOING TO JAPAN! -=heart attack=-
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2003
            >From: KathrynDarkStar@...

            >x.x;; um..sorry about that. Anyway, yeah, it hadn't occurred to me to check
            >the library. >_>;; But the laws I was talking about were like...I heard you
            >can't chew gum in public, etc. o.o;

            That's Singapore.

            In Japan, if you conduct yourself like a polite member of society, you will
            still be considered a foreigner and tourist, but a well-trained one. Aim for
            that and you'll be fine.

            And use the word "sumimasen" alot.

            >Weird law, but I heard it's a very clean
            >country. ^____^

            Get a travel book - it'll help.

            Tired of slow downloads and busy signals? Get a high-speed Internet
            connection! Comparison-shop your local high-speed providers here.
            https://broadband.msn.com