Re: [Yuricon] ROD the TV 13 thoughts and reactions, some spoilers.

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4, 2003
      On 12/2/03 9:55 PM, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

      > I have but two thoughts:
      >
      > 1) Of all the books that Maggie's read, I find it hard to believe that she
      > hasn't read the Lord of the Rings! I saw it coming - why didn't she??

      This was kinda cryptic up until a couple seconds before, seeing as how many
      different things it could have been. Then I was like, "Oh, duh." Another
      moment where drama supersedes common sense.

      > 2) WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! Oh my god. I am so not spoiling this, but I
      > am jumping up and down and making funny strangled noises to the great
      > irritation of the First Lady. LOL

      A truly jaw dropping moment, even though I kinda knew/kinda hoped that was
      the case, as the scene unfolded. Donna was fast asleep so there was no
      irritated reaction from her. ;)

      I'll have to rewatch the scene with Wendy, as the only thing that jumped out
      at me was how much her hands were shaking. That's never a good sign.

      So I was wrong about the opening scene in the first episode being in context
      here, which only means that it will show up elsewhere.

      Lee was mostly on target, though, I wonder what's the significance of the
      lighter.

      Mohawk dude was not nearly the bad ass I was lead to believe. And Maggie is
      better than she thinks she is.

      I don't know but I thought there was going to be something creepy in the
      scene between Junior and Michelle, or maybe I was just projecting. ;)

      I predict that the series will shift back to Japan, at least temporarily,
      and there will be a mushy reunion between Anita and Hisami.

      Maybe Episode 14 will clear things up, but, I still have no clear idea what
      Joker/Mr. Carpenter is after. And I'll have to double check, but I wonder if
      that ring was something he wore at the British Library.

      -=-
      Serge