Re: ROD the TV 13-14, one spoiler, for Serge

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 3, 2003
      Spoiler Space

      Don't read this unless you like cryptic spoilers!

      Note the Computer that Wendy puts the books into:

      UK
      LLLU
      Last Literature D-Line Office

      It is both the British Library and Dokusensha, as you shall learn, in
      Ep. 14, most of which is expository and fills in many details,
      incidentally establishing the complete timeline for manga and OVA for
      us.

      If I understand everything rightly, the "Project" is even stupider
      than I imagined.

      And Junior needs Prozac.

    • kun
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 3, 2003
        > This is so not helping. :-P Especially, since I have meeting tonight, and
        > probably won't be able to watch until 12 hours from right now. Damn, I
        > should have watched it, it's not like I'd get into trouble if I was late,
        > I'd just be setting a bad example.

        Well, if it helps...I feel like you've been a very bad influence over me ;p

        *does a little volcano dance*

        Kun
        ----'-,-{@
      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 4, 2003
          On 12/2/03 9:55 PM, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

          > I have but two thoughts:
          >
          > 1) Of all the books that Maggie's read, I find it hard to believe that she
          > hasn't read the Lord of the Rings! I saw it coming - why didn't she??

          This was kinda cryptic up until a couple seconds before, seeing as how many
          different things it could have been. Then I was like, "Oh, duh." Another
          moment where drama supersedes common sense.

          > 2) WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! Oh my god. I am so not spoiling this, but I
          > am jumping up and down and making funny strangled noises to the great
          > irritation of the First Lady. LOL

          A truly jaw dropping moment, even though I kinda knew/kinda hoped that was
          the case, as the scene unfolded. Donna was fast asleep so there was no
          irritated reaction from her. ;)

          I'll have to rewatch the scene with Wendy, as the only thing that jumped out
          at me was how much her hands were shaking. That's never a good sign.

          So I was wrong about the opening scene in the first episode being in context
          here, which only means that it will show up elsewhere.

          Lee was mostly on target, though, I wonder what's the significance of the
          lighter.

          Mohawk dude was not nearly the bad ass I was lead to believe. And Maggie is
          better than she thinks she is.

          I don't know but I thought there was going to be something creepy in the
          scene between Junior and Michelle, or maybe I was just projecting. ;)

          I predict that the series will shift back to Japan, at least temporarily,
          and there will be a mushy reunion between Anita and Hisami.

          Maybe Episode 14 will clear things up, but, I still have no clear idea what
          Joker/Mr. Carpenter is after. And I'll have to double check, but I wonder if
          that ring was something he wore at the British Library.

          -=-
          Serge