Re: [Yuricon] Re: ROD the TV 13, yeah, incoherent reaction

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 3, 2003
      On 12/3/03 10:17 AM, "atheniag" <e.l.f.@...> wrote:

      > I watched the raw last night and the subbed version this AM with
      > breakfast. :-) (Can you say, "loser?" LOL)

      I would have had I more time this morning, so I guess I'm not much better.
      ;)

      > I will say this one thing: watch all the way to the *very* end.

      This is so not helping. :-P Especially, since I have meeting tonight, and
      probably won't be able to watch until 12 hours from right now. Damn, I
      should have watched it, it's not like I'd get into trouble if I was late,
      I'd just be setting a bad example.

      -=-
      Serge
    • kun
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 3, 2003
        > I have but two thoughts:
        >
        > 1) Of all the books that Maggie's read, I find it hard to believe that she
        > hasn't read the Lord of the Rings! I saw it coming - why didn't she??
        >

        > 2) WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! Oh my god. I am so not spoiling this, but I
        > am jumping up and down and making funny strangled noises to the great
        > irritation of the First Lady. LOL

        Well, that's not cryptic or anything ;p

        > Wait - here's a third thought:
        >
        > 3) Nice, the way they ended it like a season.

        You know...you're not being fair to all of us who were anxiously awaiting
        the spoilers... ;p~~~~~~~~*

        Kun
        ---'-,-{@
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 2003
          Spoiler Space

          Don't read this unless you like cryptic spoilers!

          Note the Computer that Wendy puts the books into:

          UK
          LLLU
          Last Literature D-Line Office

          It is both the British Library and Dokusensha, as you shall learn, in
          Ep. 14, most of which is expository and fills in many details,
          incidentally establishing the complete timeline for manga and OVA for
          us.

          If I understand everything rightly, the "Project" is even stupider
          than I imagined.

          And Junior needs Prozac.

        • kun
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 3, 2003
            > This is so not helping. :-P Especially, since I have meeting tonight, and
            > probably won't be able to watch until 12 hours from right now. Damn, I
            > should have watched it, it's not like I'd get into trouble if I was late,
            > I'd just be setting a bad example.

            Well, if it helps...I feel like you've been a very bad influence over me ;p

            *does a little volcano dance*

            Kun
            ----'-,-{@
          • Chalcahuite
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 4, 2003
              On 12/2/03 9:55 PM, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

              > I have but two thoughts:
              >
              > 1) Of all the books that Maggie's read, I find it hard to believe that she
              > hasn't read the Lord of the Rings! I saw it coming - why didn't she??

              This was kinda cryptic up until a couple seconds before, seeing as how many
              different things it could have been. Then I was like, "Oh, duh." Another
              moment where drama supersedes common sense.

              > 2) WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! Oh my god. I am so not spoiling this, but I
              > am jumping up and down and making funny strangled noises to the great
              > irritation of the First Lady. LOL

              A truly jaw dropping moment, even though I kinda knew/kinda hoped that was
              the case, as the scene unfolded. Donna was fast asleep so there was no
              irritated reaction from her. ;)

              I'll have to rewatch the scene with Wendy, as the only thing that jumped out
              at me was how much her hands were shaking. That's never a good sign.

              So I was wrong about the opening scene in the first episode being in context
              here, which only means that it will show up elsewhere.

              Lee was mostly on target, though, I wonder what's the significance of the
              lighter.

              Mohawk dude was not nearly the bad ass I was lead to believe. And Maggie is
              better than she thinks she is.

              I don't know but I thought there was going to be something creepy in the
              scene between Junior and Michelle, or maybe I was just projecting. ;)

              I predict that the series will shift back to Japan, at least temporarily,
              and there will be a mushy reunion between Anita and Hisami.

              Maybe Episode 14 will clear things up, but, I still have no clear idea what
              Joker/Mr. Carpenter is after. And I'll have to double check, but I wonder if
              that ring was something he wore at the British Library.

              -=-
              Serge