ROD the TV 13, yeah, incoherent reaction

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 2, 2003
      I have but two thoughts:

      1) Of all the books that Maggie's read, I find it hard to believe that she
      hasn't read the Lord of the Rings! I saw it coming - why didn't she??

      2) WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! Oh my god. I am so not spoiling this, but I
      am jumping up and down and making funny strangled noises to the great
      irritation of the First Lady. LOL

      Wait - here's a third thought:

      3) Nice, the way they ended it like a season.

      Wonder if the latest virus has gotten to your computer? Find out. Run the
      FREE McAfee online computer scan on your PC now!
    • Chalcahuite
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 3, 2003
        On 12/2/03 9:55 PM, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

        > I have but two thoughts:
        >
        > 1) Of all the books that Maggie's read, I find it hard to believe that she
        > hasn't read the Lord of the Rings! I saw it coming - why didn't she??
        >

        > 2) WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! Oh my god. I am so not spoiling this, but I
        > am jumping up and down and making funny strangled noises to the great
        > irritation of the First Lady. LOL

        The fansub version finished downloading this morning, and I was tempted to
        be late for work to watch it, but I decided to torture myself and wait until
        I got home tonight. I kinda wished you had spoiled it, I wouldn't be
        gritting my teeth now.

        -=-
        Serge
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 2003
          > On 12/2/03 9:55 PM, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@h...> wrote:

          > The fansub version finished downloading this morning, and I was
          tempted to
          > be late for work to watch it, but I decided to torture myself and
          wait until
          > I got home tonight. I kinda wished you had spoiled it, I wouldn't
          be
          > gritting my teeth now.

          I watched the raw last night and the subbed version this AM with
          breakfast. :-) (Can you say, "loser?" LOL) Mr. Carpenter is the only
          one who I usually can't follow at all - he uses grown-up words.

          I will say this one thing: watch all the way to the *very* end.

        • Chalcahuite
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 3, 2003
            On 12/3/03 10:17 AM, "atheniag" <e.l.f.@...> wrote:

            > I watched the raw last night and the subbed version this AM with
            > breakfast. :-) (Can you say, "loser?" LOL)

            I would have had I more time this morning, so I guess I'm not much better.
            ;)

            > I will say this one thing: watch all the way to the *very* end.

            This is so not helping. :-P Especially, since I have meeting tonight, and
            probably won't be able to watch until 12 hours from right now. Damn, I
            should have watched it, it's not like I'd get into trouble if I was late,
            I'd just be setting a bad example.

            -=-
            Serge
          • kun
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 3, 2003
              > I have but two thoughts:
              >
              > 1) Of all the books that Maggie's read, I find it hard to believe that she
              > hasn't read the Lord of the Rings! I saw it coming - why didn't she??
              >

              > 2) WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! Oh my god. I am so not spoiling this, but I
              > am jumping up and down and making funny strangled noises to the great
              > irritation of the First Lady. LOL

              Well, that's not cryptic or anything ;p

              > Wait - here's a third thought:
              >
              > 3) Nice, the way they ended it like a season.

              You know...you're not being fair to all of us who were anxiously awaiting
              the spoilers... ;p~~~~~~~~*

              Kun
              ---'-,-{@
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 3, 2003
                Spoiler Space

                Don't read this unless you like cryptic spoilers!

                Note the Computer that Wendy puts the books into:

                UK
                LLLU
                Last Literature D-Line Office

                It is both the British Library and Dokusensha, as you shall learn, in
                Ep. 14, most of which is expository and fills in many details,
                incidentally establishing the complete timeline for manga and OVA for
                us.

                If I understand everything rightly, the "Project" is even stupider
                than I imagined.

                And Junior needs Prozac.

              • kun
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 3, 2003
                  > This is so not helping. :-P Especially, since I have meeting tonight, and
                  > probably won't be able to watch until 12 hours from right now. Damn, I
                  > should have watched it, it's not like I'd get into trouble if I was late,
                  > I'd just be setting a bad example.

                  Well, if it helps...I feel like you've been a very bad influence over me ;p

                  *does a little volcano dance*

                  Kun
                  ----'-,-{@
                • Chalcahuite
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 4, 2003
                    On 12/2/03 9:55 PM, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

                    > I have but two thoughts:
                    >
                    > 1) Of all the books that Maggie's read, I find it hard to believe that she
                    > hasn't read the Lord of the Rings! I saw it coming - why didn't she??

                    This was kinda cryptic up until a couple seconds before, seeing as how many
                    different things it could have been. Then I was like, "Oh, duh." Another
                    moment where drama supersedes common sense.

                    > 2) WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! Oh my god. I am so not spoiling this, but I
                    > am jumping up and down and making funny strangled noises to the great
                    > irritation of the First Lady. LOL

                    A truly jaw dropping moment, even though I kinda knew/kinda hoped that was
                    the case, as the scene unfolded. Donna was fast asleep so there was no
                    irritated reaction from her. ;)

                    I'll have to rewatch the scene with Wendy, as the only thing that jumped out
                    at me was how much her hands were shaking. That's never a good sign.

                    So I was wrong about the opening scene in the first episode being in context
                    here, which only means that it will show up elsewhere.

                    Lee was mostly on target, though, I wonder what's the significance of the
                    lighter.

                    Mohawk dude was not nearly the bad ass I was lead to believe. And Maggie is
                    better than she thinks she is.

                    I don't know but I thought there was going to be something creepy in the
                    scene between Junior and Michelle, or maybe I was just projecting. ;)

                    I predict that the series will shift back to Japan, at least temporarily,
                    and there will be a mushy reunion between Anita and Hisami.

                    Maybe Episode 14 will clear things up, but, I still have no clear idea what
                    Joker/Mr. Carpenter is after. And I'll have to double check, but I wonder if
                    that ring was something he wore at the British Library.

                    -=-
                    Serge