Re: [Yuricon] Re: Going Under AMV Utena

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 25, 2003
      On 11/25/03 5:04 AM, "Ka Smith" <firesenshimars@...> wrote:

      > Also, try on for size Castles in the Sky by Ian Van Dahl, done by
      > Meri.

      You know I always thought this song was perfect for an Utena AMV, seems as
      though I was not the only one. I'm guessing they didn't use the 11 minute
      Peter Luts remix, though. ;)

      -=-
      Serge
    • Birdie
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 26, 2003
           Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:46:43 +1100 (EST)
           From: Alyssa Hines <lemon_lime_orange_fruit_drink@...>
        Subject: Re: Going Under AMV Utena

         > Has anyone seen the Utena Music Video "Going Under"

        from
        himemiya.net????

        what about the "Bring me to Life" one by the
        shapeshifter studios? Its bloody brilliant!!!

        Hmm, if I were going to use an Evanescence song to make a Utena video I would probably choose Taking Over Me, or Fields of Innocence for a character portrait of Anthy.  Lies could be used really well too...

        Anyway, the two most beautiful Utena videos, IMO, I've seen to date are Session 3 made by SPandA aMv (using Melkaba from the Xenogears Creid album) and The Two Shall Meet done by Suberunker Studeos.  I can't recall the name of the piece used for the second video, but it's very nice.  I voted for it to win its category at AX but... well, popular opinion and me don't get along all that often ^.~

        ~Birdie
      • Alyssa Hines
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 27, 2003
          > Hmm, if I were going to use an Evanescence song to
          > make a Utena video I
          > would probably choose Taking Over Me, or Fields of
          > Innocence for a
          > character portrait of Anthy. Lies could be used
          > really well too...

          How about "Away from me" that would be a great one to
          use too...actually lets put it in general 90% of
          evanescence songs could be used to make utena AMVs

          (hehe I am going to an Evanescence concert :D)