Re: [Yuricon] Re: ROD the TV, Episode 12 and I *still* have no idea where they're going...

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 21, 2003
      On 11/21/03 4:17 PM, "atheniag" <e.l.f.@...> wrote:

      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@i...> wrote:
      >

      > Based on what I saw on the building, "Occult Publishing Company" is
      > the way it's to be read...but I remember the first fansubbers had
      > trouble rendering it into English and had something like this, only to
      > change it for the next episodes.
      >
      > I'm thinking that it's meant to be undefined.

      OK. This makes sense then, they would have resources that the British
      Library may not have had, dark resources, that the old Joker would never
      have availed himself of before. . .

      >> Well, there's always the possibility that Dokusensha and Joker have
      > two
      >> competing agendas. Dokusensha's maybe the perfect author thing, and
      > Joker's
      >> is rewriting the world in his image. Joker might be working with
      > Dokusensha
      >> to both use and subvert them. With the British Library gone, he
      > might have
      >> need of their resources.
      >
      > Absolutely true and I could totally see that happening.
      >
      > Although I'm just so skeptical about the perfect author thing - it's
      > just so STUPID! LOL

      Eh, it's just speculation, they could nail us again from left field. And
      send us scurrying to figure out what it all means again.

      > Mmmm....I'm thinking that Dokusensha's not being honest all the way
      > around.

      This is true, I can see them giving Lee a story that he'd believe in to get
      his cooperation and then pull the rug from under him when he's fulfilled his
      purpose.

      >> maybe?) on the planet to bring about
      > Armageddon/Gehenna/Ragnarock/Xmas with
      >> Donna's parents. Bad stuff afoot either way.
      >
      > That was, of course, the other option - seems legit to me, but in my
      > gut, I don't think so.

      I could go with either one really.

      > Donna's parents are that bad? LOL

      ;) I'm just trying to be funny, especially, since I know Donna will read
      this eventually. Love you, baby. ;)

      -=-
      Serge