Re: Noooo!!

  • eliza kim
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 24, 2003
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "stellaluna_42" <stellaluna_42@y...>
      wrote:
      > The evil, horrible spawn of satan known as Tokyopop has licenced
      > Ikkitousen.
      > They're changing the name to Battle Vixens, of all things.
      >
      > *sigh* Yet another title I would have bought had someone else
      licenced
      > it....
      >
      > STELLALUNA :(

      I agree. "Battle Vixens" is probably the most horrible name
      for "Ikkitousen" *EVER*! >_< When I first heard that, I wondered who
      was smoking crack when they thought up of that name...-.-;; But
      Tokyopop *has* been slowly bringing manga to comprehensible English
      for those of us non-Hiragana/Katakana/Kanji-literate people (like me.
      Then again, I just read scanslations. ^^;;), so that's the least we
      can thank them for.

      For the record, if you go to Tokyopop's site and take a look at the
      first volume cover, I think the title font looks like it came from an
      early 80s porno flick. o_O Maybe 70s.

      - eliza (who should be doing her calculus homework... -.-;)