call for help with a fan fic.......

  • jason
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 10, 2003
      hey everyone, i just thought that i would aak anyone is they wnated
      to be in a fan fic i was going to sit write next week for the yuricon
      group.....
      some one has the name "what is a dooky?" and that just gave me a
      weird idea for a short fic of trying to find out just what a dooky is.
      i was going to set it up for my muse to do a news report on the
      subject and interveiw a bunch of you from the list here and get some
      weird comments and then post the fic in a couple of weeks.
      the enitre idea is just for fun and a good laugh and im not going to
      do anything bad or anything about anyone. just look for some random
      comment or action when they deal with CKO from project ako asking
      them what is a dooky......

      if you want to comment or take part here is the start of it....

      "Hi, I am your reporter this afternoon(or what ever time of day you
      want) with (put your real or screen name here) to ask them about what
      they think a dooky is. Now (person's name) is there anything that you
      would like to comment what you think a dooky is?" she says holding a
      microphone out to the person.

      please post if you want to be part of this insane idea....and yes its
      not going to take maNY MONTHS TO WRITE, JUST A FEW WEEKS. hate when
      caps gets locked....
      see everyone laters,
      jason and his muse cko
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 10, 2003
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "jason" <sacranoidclub@y...> wrote:
        > hey everyone, i just thought that i would aak anyone is they wnated
        > to be in a fan fic i was going to sit write next week for the yuricon
        > group.....

        Let me give you an important piece of advice. I give it at every
        fanfic panel and workshop I'm on or give:

        If you do not know how to get a story idea of your own, you will not
        be a good writer.

        If you ask anyone who writes, you will find that they don't have
        trouble with ideas - it's the execution where they run into sangs.
        Story ideas come with practically every thought, conversation, remark,
        etc, etc. If you can't get past the first stage and come up with a
        story idea on your own, you are probably not suited to writing...you
        might want to take up another hobby that's better suited to you.

        This is, of course, IMHO, and if you want to go ahead and write
        someone else's idea into a story, go ahead, don't listen to me. But
        also IMHO, the world doesn't need more bad writing - it needs more
        good woodworking, or train sets, or something else that you can do well.

        To be blunt - look at your request above: There are no less than 5
        spelling errors and three grammar/syntax errors. Find something you
        can do *well* and do it - don't waste time on something for which you
        are clearly not suited.

      • shenotski
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 11, 2003
          I don't how many of you know about this but the movie Kill Bill has a
          animated flashback squance which was done by production IG. It's
          bloody good fun to watch.
        • dillon
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 11, 2003
            That animated sequence was very well done.

            I'm still in fanboy shock over how awesome the movie was. Did anyone else
            notice that O-ren's bodyguard was also in Battle Royale? I'm pretty sure she
            played Chigusa, but my memory is crap.

            <3 girls beating the crap outta each other <3
            -dillon

            shenotski writes:

            > I don't how many of you know about this but the movie Kill Bill has a
            > animated flashback squance which was done by production IG. It's
            > bloody good fun to watch.

            > Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
            > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
            > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/cGIolB/TM

          • stellaluna_42
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 13, 2003
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "shenotski" <duomaxwell@f...> wrote:
              > I don't how many of you know about this but the movie Kill Bill has
              > animated flashback squance which was done by production IG. It's
              > bloody good fun to watch.

              Yeah, from the opening quote, that movie was one big nerdgasm after
              another.
              Yay for Chigusa and Sonny Chiba!!

              Gotta go see it again.

              STELLALUNA :D

              "Ko no FAKU-yaro"<----my favorite line
            • kun
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 14, 2003
                Yeah, Kill Bill was excellent =^.^= I loved Gogo, the psycopathic school
                girl with the spiked ball and chain ;p

                Kun