Re: Sailormoon Live TV seies and comics

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "dillon" <dillon@r...> wrote:

      > Man, even though it's probably going to be horrible, even though
      it's for
      > little girls and I'm a young man, I am crazy friggin excited over
      the live
      > action sailor Moon.
      >
      > (oh, the recovering moonie. I'll take whatever new Sailor Moon I
      can)

      I'm with you on that. It's pretty sad sometimes.

      For those of you who don't know, "Sailormoon World" is the inheritor
      of the Sailor Moon franchise. They are the ones who keep putting out
      chotchkes, new card sets, coloring bookks, the like. They also run the
      Sera Myu empire o'cuteness.

      They are also behind the TV show...and with luck, the monstrous
      numbers of new toys we'll be seeing soon.

      > Since I'll be in the area anyway seeing the boy (afterall, what else
      would
      > we do on a wednesday but watch smallville and angel together. awwww)
      , I will
      > try and stop by the Mitsuwa and see if the revised manga is out yet.

      Wasn't there on Friday last, but let me know if it is!

      > (cause of course I'll have SO much time during AnimeNext to look
      into it.
      > meh)

      Yeah. Hmph. I'm on four panels and doing two focus groups. And we have
      a table in the DR. The exhaustion sets in just thinking about it.

    • shenotski
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
        Hope you don't lose your voice again. I really don't want to see
        anymore live action versions of any other animated shows. *Recalls
        masters of the universe* *Shivers*

        > Yeah. Hmph. I'm on four panels and doing two focus groups. And we
        have
        > a table in the DR. The exhaustion sets in just thinking about it.

      • Kaioh Michiru
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
          As a hopelessly incurable Moonie, I thought I'd fine tune a little
          bit of the information that was posted about the live-action series.

          It's only got one of the SeraMyu actresses on the cast - and she
          isn't one of the senshi - she is simply Naru-chan (Molly, in the evil
          dub), Usagi's best friend. The actress, for anyone who is interested
          is Kawabe Chieko and she played Sailor Mercury for Translyvania no
          Mori Kaiteban, Death Vulcan, Black Lady, Black Lady Kaiteban, and Ai
          no Sanctuary (from Jan 2, 2001-March 31, 2002). The others are mainly
          new actresses, and if anyone is interested I can call up the names.
          The story and costumes are actually following the Manga - and the
          first episode begins with Sailor V fighting Tuxedo Kamen. There's
          also been no casting of Chibiusa - the story so far is just a
          somewhat updated telling of the first season... and again, it does
          seem to be sticking to the manga storyline.

          Also of a little interest - the communicators are now cell phones and
          instead of henshin pens we have watches. Also, Luna is a stuffed toy.
          (Who, yes, DOES go CGI.)

          The comics are being re-released with new covers drawn by Naoko
          Takeuchi, and supposedly some things are being added - including some
          colored pages, free stickers and there are more pages per book. There
          are only going to be 12 volumes to the series, rather than 18. The
          first two are being released on September 22 - and the covers seem to
          feature Sailor Moon and then Sailor Mercury. After these, one new
          volume is going to be released each month. ALSO, the manga name is
          being changed to the same title as the live-action series - Pretty
          Guardian Sailor Moon.

          Source for the information on the manga:
          http://genvid.com/archives/090403.html

          If any of this has already been mentioned, I apologize. ^_^

          ~Violet

          > http://sailormoon.channel.or.jp/
          >
          > Let me just put that there straight off, so I don't have to answer
          the
          > inevitable, "Can you send me th link, because I can't think
          straight enough
          > to use Google" question.
          >
          > This Saturday at the unodly hour of 7:30, a bazillion little girls,
          all
          > dressed up like the Senshi, will be watching the new live-action
          Sailor Moon