Re: Sailormoon Live TV seies and comics

  • dillon
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
      Man, even though it's probably going to be horrible, even though it's for
      little girls and I'm a young man, I am crazy friggin excited over the live
      action sailor Moon.

      (oh, the recovering moonie. I'll take whatever new Sailor Moon I can)

      Since I'll be in the area anyway seeing the boy (afterall, what else would
      we do on a wednesday but watch smallville and angel together. awwww), I will
      try and stop by the Mitsuwa and see if the revised manga is out yet.

      (cause of course I'll have SO much time during AnimeNext to look into it.
      meh)

      Also, on another topic, Stellvia does indeed rule. I swear, each year while
      we usually get lots of late-night anime gems, I've usually been disapoointed
      by a lot of anime recently too. Stellvia gets serious kudos for being a
      wonderfully written space opera
      Now to finish downloading and watching the last 7 episodes.

      -dillon

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "dillon" <dillon@r...> wrote:

        > Man, even though it's probably going to be horrible, even though
        it's for
        > little girls and I'm a young man, I am crazy friggin excited over
        the live
        > action sailor Moon.
        >
        > (oh, the recovering moonie. I'll take whatever new Sailor Moon I
        can)

        I'm with you on that. It's pretty sad sometimes.

        For those of you who don't know, "Sailormoon World" is the inheritor
        of the Sailor Moon franchise. They are the ones who keep putting out
        chotchkes, new card sets, coloring bookks, the like. They also run the
        Sera Myu empire o'cuteness.

        They are also behind the TV show...and with luck, the monstrous
        numbers of new toys we'll be seeing soon.

        > Since I'll be in the area anyway seeing the boy (afterall, what else
        would
        > we do on a wednesday but watch smallville and angel together. awwww)
        , I will
        > try and stop by the Mitsuwa and see if the revised manga is out yet.

        Wasn't there on Friday last, but let me know if it is!

        > (cause of course I'll have SO much time during AnimeNext to look
        into it.
        > meh)

        Yeah. Hmph. I'm on four panels and doing two focus groups. And we have
        a table in the DR. The exhaustion sets in just thinking about it.

      • shenotski
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
          Hope you don't lose your voice again. I really don't want to see
          anymore live action versions of any other animated shows. *Recalls
          masters of the universe* *Shivers*

          > Yeah. Hmph. I'm on four panels and doing two focus groups. And we
          have
          > a table in the DR. The exhaustion sets in just thinking about it.

        • Kaioh Michiru
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
            As a hopelessly incurable Moonie, I thought I'd fine tune a little
            bit of the information that was posted about the live-action series.

            It's only got one of the SeraMyu actresses on the cast - and she
            isn't one of the senshi - she is simply Naru-chan (Molly, in the evil
            dub), Usagi's best friend. The actress, for anyone who is interested
            is Kawabe Chieko and she played Sailor Mercury for Translyvania no
            Mori Kaiteban, Death Vulcan, Black Lady, Black Lady Kaiteban, and Ai
            no Sanctuary (from Jan 2, 2001-March 31, 2002). The others are mainly
            new actresses, and if anyone is interested I can call up the names.
            The story and costumes are actually following the Manga - and the
            first episode begins with Sailor V fighting Tuxedo Kamen. There's
            also been no casting of Chibiusa - the story so far is just a
            somewhat updated telling of the first season... and again, it does
            seem to be sticking to the manga storyline.

            Also of a little interest - the communicators are now cell phones and
            instead of henshin pens we have watches. Also, Luna is a stuffed toy.
            (Who, yes, DOES go CGI.)

            The comics are being re-released with new covers drawn by Naoko
            Takeuchi, and supposedly some things are being added - including some
            colored pages, free stickers and there are more pages per book. There
            are only going to be 12 volumes to the series, rather than 18. The
            first two are being released on September 22 - and the covers seem to
            feature Sailor Moon and then Sailor Mercury. After these, one new
            volume is going to be released each month. ALSO, the manga name is
            being changed to the same title as the live-action series - Pretty
            Guardian Sailor Moon.

            Source for the information on the manga:
            http://genvid.com/archives/090403.html

            If any of this has already been mentioned, I apologize. ^_^

            ~Violet