Sailormoon Live TV seies and comics

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
      http://sailormoon.channel.or.jp/

      Let me just put that there straight off, so I don't have to answer the
      inevitable, "Can you send me th link, because I can't think straight enough
      to use Google" question.

      This Saturday at the unodly hour of 7:30, a bazillion little girls, all
      dressed up like the Senshi, will be watching the new live-action Sailor Moon
      TV show. It's starring actresses from the live-action Sera Myu musicals, so
      we can be pretty sure what we're in for. Sadly, for Outer fans like myself,
      it looks exclusively Inners and Chibi-Usa.

      Of more interest to me than the live action show is the revised comics by
      Takeuchi-sensei.
      The website calls it "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Renewal" and the blurb
      thing says it' a new 21st century story...whatever that means.
      http://sailormoon.channel.or.jp/index6.html

      I'm not quite sure if it's just a new edition of the old comic and a new
      thing, or just the old version redone. I'll let you know!

      I like the bit on the ad that says, "On sale now - let's get to the store!"

      Get MSN 8 Dial-up Internet Service FREE for one month. Limited time offer--
      sign up now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup
    • dillon
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
        Man, even though it's probably going to be horrible, even though it's for
        little girls and I'm a young man, I am crazy friggin excited over the live
        action sailor Moon.

        (oh, the recovering moonie. I'll take whatever new Sailor Moon I can)

        Since I'll be in the area anyway seeing the boy (afterall, what else would
        we do on a wednesday but watch smallville and angel together. awwww), I will
        try and stop by the Mitsuwa and see if the revised manga is out yet.

        (cause of course I'll have SO much time during AnimeNext to look into it.
        meh)

        Also, on another topic, Stellvia does indeed rule. I swear, each year while
        we usually get lots of late-night anime gems, I've usually been disapoointed
        by a lot of anime recently too. Stellvia gets serious kudos for being a
        wonderfully written space opera
        Now to finish downloading and watching the last 7 episodes.

        -dillon

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "dillon" <dillon@r...> wrote:

          > Man, even though it's probably going to be horrible, even though
          it's for
          > little girls and I'm a young man, I am crazy friggin excited over
          the live
          > action sailor Moon.
          >
          > (oh, the recovering moonie. I'll take whatever new Sailor Moon I
          can)

          I'm with you on that. It's pretty sad sometimes.

          For those of you who don't know, "Sailormoon World" is the inheritor
          of the Sailor Moon franchise. They are the ones who keep putting out
          chotchkes, new card sets, coloring bookks, the like. They also run the
          Sera Myu empire o'cuteness.

          They are also behind the TV show...and with luck, the monstrous
          numbers of new toys we'll be seeing soon.

          > Since I'll be in the area anyway seeing the boy (afterall, what else
          would
          > we do on a wednesday but watch smallville and angel together. awwww)
          , I will
          > try and stop by the Mitsuwa and see if the revised manga is out yet.

          Wasn't there on Friday last, but let me know if it is!

          > (cause of course I'll have SO much time during AnimeNext to look
          into it.
          > meh)

          Yeah. Hmph. I'm on four panels and doing two focus groups. And we have
          a table in the DR. The exhaustion sets in just thinking about it.

        • shenotski
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
            Hope you don't lose your voice again. I really don't want to see
            anymore live action versions of any other animated shows. *Recalls
            masters of the universe* *Shivers*

            > Yeah. Hmph. I'm on four panels and doing two focus groups. And we
            have
            > a table in the DR. The exhaustion sets in just thinking about it.

          • Kaioh Michiru
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
              As a hopelessly incurable Moonie, I thought I'd fine tune a little
              bit of the information that was posted about the live-action series.

              It's only got one of the SeraMyu actresses on the cast - and she
              isn't one of the senshi - she is simply Naru-chan (Molly, in the evil
              dub), Usagi's best friend. The actress, for anyone who is interested
              is Kawabe Chieko and she played Sailor Mercury for Translyvania no
              Mori Kaiteban, Death Vulcan, Black Lady, Black Lady Kaiteban, and Ai
              no Sanctuary (from Jan 2, 2001-March 31, 2002). The others are mainly
              new actresses, and if anyone is interested I can call up the names.
              The story and costumes are actually following the Manga - and the
              first episode begins with Sailor V fighting Tuxedo Kamen. There's
              also been no casting of Chibiusa - the story so far is just a
              somewhat updated telling of the first season... and again, it does
              seem to be sticking to the manga storyline.

              Also of a little interest - the communicators are now cell phones and
              instead of henshin pens we have watches. Also, Luna is a stuffed toy.
              (Who, yes, DOES go CGI.)

              The comics are being re-released with new covers drawn by Naoko
              Takeuchi, and supposedly some things are being added - including some
              colored pages, free stickers and there are more pages per book. There
              are only going to be 12 volumes to the series, rather than 18. The
              first two are being released on September 22 - and the covers seem to
              feature Sailor Moon and then Sailor Mercury. After these, one new
              volume is going to be released each month. ALSO, the manga name is
              being changed to the same title as the live-action series - Pretty
              Guardian Sailor Moon.

              Source for the information on the manga:
              http://genvid.com/archives/090403.html

              If any of this has already been mentioned, I apologize. ^_^

              ~Violet