Stellvia of the Universe, one more time (on topic!)

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 28, 2003
      Well, I just finished this series ands I have to say, I enjoyed the hell out
      of it, from beginning to end.

      It's a damn fine little space opera. I didn't loathe any of the characters -
      in fact I liked them all. It had an actual end, with an actual resolution,
      and something near and dear to my heart, an epilogue showing all the
      characters a little older and what becomes of them.

      As I mentioned before, we have an intense nascent yuri relationship develop
      during the series, and I can happily report that they confess their feelings
      in front of basically everyone in the known universe - so there's no doubt
      there. :-) In fact, in an amusing scene, one of the other characters pops up
      at that point and asks a boy who's had a crush on one girl since the
      beginning if he's jealous. It sounds lame, but it was really cute. And he
      admits he is. :-) Fujisawa Yayoi and Machida Ayaka will go up on the list
      next update. I think Yayoi looks pretty cute all grown up, too.

      If you want something with a happy end, a bunch of well-written characters
      and a happy yuri relationship, definitely check out Stellvia.

      Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now
      FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com
    • what is a dooky
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 29, 2003
        > If you want something with a happy end, a bunch of well-written
        characters
        > and a happy yuri relationship, definitely check out Stellvia.

        Duly noted and stuff ^_^ I absolutely have to watch this series after
        hearing this...

        the dooky
      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 29, 2003
          On 9/28/03 10:36 PM, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

          > If you want something with a happy end, a bunch of well-written characters
          > and a happy yuri relationship, definitely check out Stellvia.

          Which is what I've been doing while waiting for new episodes of Airmaster
          and Ikkitousen to make their way through the channel. Any day now. . . I've
          only seen the first four episodes so far, but the next four are waiting to
          be watched. So far I'm enjoying it. And since its finished, I'll be able
          to finish watching it pretty soon.

          -=-
          Serge
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 30, 2003
            From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>

            >Which is what I've been doing while waiting for new episodes of Airmaster
            >and Ikkitousen to make their way through the channel. Any day now. . .
            >I've
            >only seen the first four episodes so far, but the next four are waiting to
            >be watched. So far I'm enjoying it. And since its finished, I'll be able
            >to finish watching it pretty soon.

            I've been tempted to send nasty emails to Anime Junkies and demand they give
            me more Air Master upon pain of death. LOL And the next manga won't be out
            until "winter" (how vague is that?)

            No new One Piece, no new Tantei Gakuen Q, no new Ikkitousen, no new Air
            Master...whine....I'm in a holding pattern with almost all my anime and
            manga.

            Stellivia filled up the gap for a while. Now I'm watching Get Backers
            entirely because Ogata Megumi has a role. It's a completely shounen version
            of Kaitou Saint Tail and is about as realistic.

            I watched Megami Paradise, because Ogata Megumi and Mitsuishi Kotono had
            roles and laughed myself sick. It's a fanservice-y PWP with scantily-clad
            women running around doing, essentially, not much. But MO does scream so
            nicely.

            Help protect your PC. Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee.
          • secondontheleft
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
              *after watching episode 17 of Air Master* ... no more? I'm not
              supposed to bug them about translating more either? But... but...
              that was a really unfair place to end! Ah well, it was a fun ride.
              Thanks for the recommendation ^_^ I think maybe I would have been
              happier stopping at episode 14 until more was subbed, but how is one
              to know?

              I'm having a much harder time getting my leeching hands on Stellvia of
              the Universe, but I have managed to snag and watch the first episode.
              I can't tell too much right now, but the music's really catchy. I'm
              looking forward to seeing more, especially if there's a happy ending
              waiting for me.

              Well, I guess that's just one more positive review for a couple of
              things, whatever it's worth. Happy watching.

              ~Birdie
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "secondontheleft" <firebird1919@c...>
                wrote:

                > *after watching episode 17 of Air Master* ... no more?

                As far as the subbers website goes, they do say they are working on
                more. It's just that they have alot of projects going at once.

                As for asking them when it'll be out...that's a good way to make
                enemies, according to their website. :-)