New yuri story by Yamaji Ebine - Free Soul

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2003
      Well aren't I a happy Erica? I picked up the new copy of Feel Young
      tonight, so I can get my dose of the "New Hana no Asuka-gumi" and lo
      and behold! Not *only* is there a new Asuka story (Asuka hasn't
      changed at all in 18 years...she's still cool as an ice cube under
      pressure) there's a new Yamaji Ebine story!

      For those of you who don't know her, run out *right now* and find
      Yamaji Ebine's last two manga by FC Gold - Indigo Blue and Love My
      Life. They are both delightful "slice of life" stories about, in one
      case, a bi girl, in the other, a lesbian. Check out the Shoujo Yuri
      Manga Guide at http://www.yuricon.org/symg.htm for synopses.

      Yamaji's characters are real, likeable and not into high drama, which
      appeals to me.

      I appear to have missed the first several issues of Free Soul, but you
      can be sure I'll find the tankubon, because this issue had a nice
      little sex scene between the lead female and another woman. I haven't
      actually read the issue yet, so I don't yet have names for you. I'll
      report back asap.

      (For those of you who might already be Yamaji fans, she has another
      work out by FC Gold called Sweet Lovin' Baby. I have NO idea what it's
      about yet, though.)

      As a final note, I managed to grab up an extra copy of Yuri Shimai -
      look for it to go up as a Yuricon auction within the week.