Re: Rose Hip Rose. Never met a lesbian character I didn't like...

  • eldritchguu
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 23, 2003
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <e.l.f.@i...> wrote:

      > I just read the first two volumes of the "Rose Hip Rose" manga. I
      > *should* like this series aot. Lots of cute girls, guns, exploding
      > heads - all the key elements are there. And there's even a lesbian
      > character, Natsuki. Natsuki evidently remembers having a very close
      > relationship in the past, with heroine Kazumi, a memory that Kazumi
      > doesn't share. Natsuki is open with her affection, relentless in
      her
      > admiration and a crack shot.

      you know, you're right. the story is interesting, i like the designs,
      the action is nice, not quite angsty enough for me, but it seemed to
      show some promise.

      i got my hands on it, flipped through, and it looked good enough to
      read. however, "the single most iriirtating thing is her accent. "

      this is SO very true it hurts. it's the only thing that keeps me from
      actually enjoying the manga. it just doesn't seem right when your
      brain fits her into a cutsey girl role. when i read her, she was of
      the high-pitched-whiney-leech variety of cute, and it just didn't
      fly. i have the urge to edit that out and write it as it should be,
      but it's too late. she'll forevor be a too-cute-twit in my mind.

      *tosses rose hip rose and goes off to read more anne freaks*

      -g