Re: [Yuricon] Re: i have a Q?

  • kate0211@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 3, 2003
      In a message dated 9/3/2003 9:11:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, cjchua@... writes:
      Seeing txt spelling in e-mail is painful to me.  Doesn't make sense when you
      have access to a full keyboard rather than just a keypad.
      It's painful to me, no matter when.  That's why they have that EasyText feature on the phones, and stuff like that.

      But then, that's just the teacher in me speaking, too.  I'm just sick of reading things like "how r u? i m gr8. c u l8r."  It looks like gobbledy-gook to me.

      Katya
    • Chalcahuite
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 4, 2003
        > Hi Grant -
        >
        > I'm not quite sure what your question is. IMHO, grammar was created to
        > help other people figure out what you're saying. No punctuation and
        > unusual spelling makes tired, crotchety, old, eyes hurt. :-)

        This just killed me, I would say that people stared at me funny, but I'm
        getting that all the time now that I've got fire engine red tips in my hair.

        -=-
        Serge
      • kun
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 4, 2003
          > This just killed me, I would say that people stared at me funny, but I'm
          > getting that all the time now that I've got fire engine red tips in my hair.

          Oooo... nifty ;) You ought to take a picture and post it for us =^.^=
          You even have a fine new black coat ne?

          Kun
          ---'-,-{@

          *does a little matrix dance*
        • Chalcahuite
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 4, 2003
            > From: "kun" <kun@...>
            > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: I have a Q?
            >
            > Oooo... nifty ;) You ought to take a picture and post it for us =^.^=
            > You even have a fine new black coat ne?

            Sure, but I think pictures of me are definitely OT on this list. I'll have a
            picture taken soon, but the new black coat is being tailored right now to
            better accentuate my svelte physique, LOL ;)

            -=-
            Serge
          • kate0211@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 4, 2003
              In a message dated 9/4/2003 9:01:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time, cjchua@... writes:
              Eh, the dictionary on my Nokia doesn't guess what I'm trying to write very
              well so I just leave it off and spell out everything properly the hard way.
              I just can't bring myself to do otherwise.  If I want to get in touch with
              someone fast I'd call.
              But that would make the text messaging feature moot!  ~.^

              Katya
            • kun
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 4, 2003
                >> Oooo... nifty ;) You ought to take a picture and post it for us =^.^=
                >> You even have a fine new black coat ne?
                >>
                > Sure, but I think pictures of me are definitely OT on this list. I'll have a

                It won't be OT if you title it like this..."Here's Serge after Otakon where
                he represented Yuricon as one of Erica's lackeys for the weekend." Sure
                it's not exactly accurate, but who cares? =^.^=

                > picture taken soon, but the new black coat is being tailored right now to
                > better accentuate my svelte physique, LOL ;)

                o.0~ ah..huh...that was more of a mental image than I needed of you
                Serge...I have my own interpretations of the word svelte ;p

                Kun
              • Johann Chua
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 4, 2003