Re: [Yuricon] Re: i have a Q?

  • Regina Buenaobra
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 3, 2003
      To be fair, Grant might not be a native English speaker. That's
      probably no excuse, as most native speakers tend to be better in
      punctuation and spelling than non-natives... But the structure seems to
      be consistent with non-native familiarity with English.

      Regina
      (who edited many an essay at university for her non-native speaking
      friends and classmates)

      =====
      sr388@...

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • kate0211@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 3, 2003
        In a message dated 9/3/2003 9:11:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, cjchua@... writes:
        Seeing txt spelling in e-mail is painful to me.  Doesn't make sense when you
        have access to a full keyboard rather than just a keypad.
        It's painful to me, no matter when.  That's why they have that EasyText feature on the phones, and stuff like that.

        But then, that's just the teacher in me speaking, too.  I'm just sick of reading things like "how r u? i m gr8. c u l8r."  It looks like gobbledy-gook to me.

        Katya
      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 4, 2003
          > Hi Grant -
          >
          > I'm not quite sure what your question is. IMHO, grammar was created to
          > help other people figure out what you're saying. No punctuation and
          > unusual spelling makes tired, crotchety, old, eyes hurt. :-)

          This just killed me, I would say that people stared at me funny, but I'm
          getting that all the time now that I've got fire engine red tips in my hair.

          -=-
          Serge
        • kun
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 4, 2003
            > This just killed me, I would say that people stared at me funny, but I'm
            > getting that all the time now that I've got fire engine red tips in my hair.

            Oooo... nifty ;) You ought to take a picture and post it for us =^.^=
            You even have a fine new black coat ne?

            Kun
            ---'-,-{@

            *does a little matrix dance*
          • Chalcahuite
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 4, 2003
              > From: "kun" <kun@...>
              > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: I have a Q?
              >
              > Oooo... nifty ;) You ought to take a picture and post it for us =^.^=
              > You even have a fine new black coat ne?

              Sure, but I think pictures of me are definitely OT on this list. I'll have a
              picture taken soon, but the new black coat is being tailored right now to
              better accentuate my svelte physique, LOL ;)

              -=-
              Serge
            • kate0211@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 4, 2003
                In a message dated 9/4/2003 9:01:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time, cjchua@... writes:
                Eh, the dictionary on my Nokia doesn't guess what I'm trying to write very
                well so I just leave it off and spell out everything properly the hard way.
                I just can't bring myself to do otherwise.  If I want to get in touch with
                someone fast I'd call.
                But that would make the text messaging feature moot!  ~.^

                Katya
              • kun
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 4, 2003
                  >> Oooo... nifty ;) You ought to take a picture and post it for us =^.^=
                  >> You even have a fine new black coat ne?
                  >>
                  > Sure, but I think pictures of me are definitely OT on this list. I'll have a

                  It won't be OT if you title it like this..."Here's Serge after Otakon where
                  he represented Yuricon as one of Erica's lackeys for the weekend." Sure
                  it's not exactly accurate, but who cares? =^.^=

                  > picture taken soon, but the new black coat is being tailored right now to
                  > better accentuate my svelte physique, LOL ;)

                  o.0~ ah..huh...that was more of a mental image than I needed of you
                  Serge...I have my own interpretations of the word svelte ;p

                  Kun
                • Johann Chua
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 4, 2003