Re: [Yuricon] Re: Speaking of US magazines

  • kate0211@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 27, 2003
      In a message dated 8/27/2003 7:40:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time, kun@... writes:
      Don't feel bad, IRC has puzzled many an individual.  I wouldn't touch it for
      the longest time then finally made myself sit down one evening and just do
      it.  Once you dive in and adjust, the water is perfectly fine and you get to
      see all these interesing fish.... =^.^=
      I've been on and off IRC since spring of 1990.  It's one of those few times that I feel like I was in ahead of the curve.  Back then there were not very many of us, and I think the channel list was short enough to fit on one screen of a green-phosphor monitor.  Or at least it usually was.  And my band of about nine or ten pals from UC were a fair portion of those on.  And we would sit in the same room, sometimes joining the same channel and just have fun pretending in the channel like we didn't know each other.  Ah, anything was better than physics, though. ;)

      Katya