Re: [Yuricon] What's everybody watching? (Sorry, a bit long)

  • Donna Harrison
    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 4, 2003
      Hi everybody! Sorry I haven't been checking in of late. I just started a new position at work and I've been crazy busy trying to get used to it all. Hopefully things will calm down soon.
      Yurikon was a blast! I can't wait to see folks again. I'm really looking forward to it.
      Now, I haven't really watched as much anime as Serge lately. That boy is hard-core. I did however see Voices of a Distant Star.
      I tend to gravitate more towards light harded stuff. Serge thought very highly of this anime so I checked it out.
      I thought it was very well done. The long distance space communication with her friend, and the concept of such a young child being recruited to combat aliens reminded me a little of a book I'm very fond of called Enders Game. I found the story engaging and short enough to keep someone with my limited attention span interested.
      I've also caught some episodes of Comic Party. It found a special place in my heart right away. It's all about Otakus. I knew this was a show I could get behind when the one character stands in awe of a mangaka and thinks to himself with tearing glazed over eyes " I never knew a convention could be like this"
      I finally saw a couple episodes of Devil Lady. Thumbs up. Women dealing out ass whuppings always makes Donna a happy girl!  It's my kryptonite. You go my genetically evolved sister!
      Last, but not least. I now own my own very special copy of Naked Killer! I saw the last half hour at Yuricon and knew I must have it. I went to the guy I normally buy my Kung Fu and Anime from. He tried to give me a remake of it. I went into a frenzy. "Does this version have a cop that pukes every time he holds a gun?", I demanded, " Does the villainess wear a pimp suit and strut with a cane? How much groin stabbing is in this movie?" I think I managed to scare him more than any greasy fan boy he had ever met.

      -Donna

      Hi,

      I guess I can offer my input to this survey...  ^-^

      Voices of a Distant Star

      At the very end, i felt as if my heart fell out of my chest.  I felt as

      if there wasn't anything left to live worth, I felt "alive" in a meaningless

      sort of way.  To grock the idea of never able to see your friends and

      love ones again.

      I couldn't stop thinking about that 25min video for the past three days

      when I -should- be thinking about Pennsic and Otakon.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      648d2aa.jpg
      648d32c.jpg

    • kun
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 8, 2003
        > Shucks. 'Blush'
        >
        > The guy actually did look a bit taken back. We have had lots of
        > converstations but never one quite like that. He was telling me that
        > some of his friends went to Yuricon. The first thing he mentioned was
        > the Henti room so he can't be that faint of heart.

        The Hentai room? o.0~ But...all of our rooms were playing hentai ;p
        Well...perhaps you can't count the live action room...but Weather Woman and
        Kekko Kamen come close =^.^=

        Kun