Re: [Yuricon] Digest Number 808

  • Claude Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2003
      > There are plenty of films that have been shot and have
      > never seen the light of
      > day in a theatre. There are others that never should
      > have ("Waterworld" or
      > "Manos, Hands of Fate", anyone?).

      I think this live-action NGE movie will hurt us far more
      than Manos ever could. I don't want to sound like I'm
      biased against it, yet I am determined to not see this one.
      I was recently scarred by "Star Trek Nemesis", which in my
      humble opinion is not merely the worst Star Trek movie, but
      one of the worst films I've ever seen in terms of lighting,
      acting, writing, pacing, and direction.

      As a matter of fact, I wish I could build a time machine
      and go back through the timestream to warn myself not to
      watch it. I suppose I could also locate the part of my
      brain that has the experience stored in it and then take a
      drill to my head to destroy that section so that I never
      have to think about the movie ever again.

      Claude Smith

      =====
      http://eckserver.eckerd.edu/~smithcj <-- Link to the Jake Experience--------
      If you find yourself struggling with loneliness, you're not alone. Yet you are alone. So very alone. || Women say all men are the same, but they have no problem telling me how different I am from Sean Connery, Tom Cruise or Clint Eastwood. [And another question.] As there are no TV broadcasts of chess in Japan, I have one question for [you]. Are there any slow motion replays of chess ? ||--Eisuke "Pretty Hard-Boiled" Kagawa ||

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com