Re: [Yuricon] Yuricon at Otakon

  • awill
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
      atheniag wrote:

      > So, of course, I'm looking for people to volunteer to sit with the
      > table for a while. Because we are sharing a table, I can't offer any
      > passes of any kind...you'll have to pay your own way, as I am, but if
      > you sit for more than a few hours, I'll buy lunch. :-)
      >
      > I'll be there from Friday evening on. I'm not currently planning a
      > room party, but you'll know where to find me, so stop by and say hi!

      I'd be happy to put in some time at Yuricon's table.

      Byakko
    • katie vieceli
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
        I wouldn't mind doing this. Any shift in particular?

        KatieV
        People with thick eyebrows need love too!

        From: "atheniag" <e.l.f.@...>
        To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [Yuricon] Yuricon at Otakon
        Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 23:08:47 -0000

        Hi all!

        I have some very good news! Yuricon will have a piece of a table in
        the Otakon Dealer's Room. Yippee! We'll be able to bring out Yuri
        Monogatari and Rica 'tte Kanji!? to the largerst fan audience on the
        East Coast. :-)

        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Sean Gaffney" <sean@c...> wrote:

          > Plus *I* will be at Otakon, for all who missed me at Yuricon due to
          > SARS scares. Please come tell me how much fun you all had and how
          it can never, ever possibly happen again so you can watch me cry like
          a little girl. :-D

          I'll be glad to. :-)

          I'll also be ther from Friday on, so maybe, possibly, perhaps, I might
          be able to make the effing fanfic panel for once.

          > --cool, I can buy the compilations Alan's been waving at me online..
          .

          Yes, do that. :-)

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "katie vieceli" <complexgirl@h...>
            wrote:

            > I wouldn't mind doing this. Any shift in particular?

            Not at the moment, but drop by on Friday evening and I'll let you know
            when I could use the break. LOL

          • Ka Smith
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
              Well geez I personally would love to volunteer but my dependence upon
              going to this con has been drawn down to whether or not I can afford
              to pool up the money to go after moving out come that august
              marker...Hey anyone in the Columbus or Cincinnati area that needs a
              roomie?? I need one lol. It'd be a cinch to go if I could get someone
              to cut the rent in half. Anyways - I'll have to get back on that
              closer to con time in order to get a more accurate answer. <sighs>
              And to this *day* the only con I've ever really been too is some
              small ass one called Sugoicon...I really have been planning attending
              this year's Otakon for about a year and a half now so it'll suck if I
              don't get to go. So it goes, ne?

              ~Ka~
            • Chalcahuite
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
                Donna and I will be there, though we've already volunteered to help out Jim
                in Security for the con, I don't know what that will entail and how much
                time we'll have off just yet. But, if either of us have some time, we'd be
                more than happy to man the table and give you a chance to relax. At the
                very least we will definitely stop by and say hi.

                And just as a shameless, selfish aside, I will be turning 31 that Friday.

                -=-
                Serge

                > From: "atheniag" <e.l.f.@...>
                > Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 23:08:47 -0000
                > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: [Yuricon] Yuricon at Otakon
                >
                > Hi all!
                >
                > I have some very good news! Yuricon will have a piece of a table in
                > the Otakon Dealer's Room. Yippee! We'll be able to bring out Yuri
                > Monogatari and Rica 'tte Kanji!? to the largerst fan audience on the
                > East Coast. :-)
                >
                > So, of course, I'm looking for people to volunteer to sit with the
                > table for a while. Because we are sharing a table, I can't offer any
                > passes of any kind...you'll have to pay your own way, as I am, but if
                > you sit for more than a few hours, I'll buy lunch. :-)
                >
                > I'll be there from Friday evening on. I'm not currently planning a
                > room party, but you'll know where to find me, so stop by and say hi!

              • Renee
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
                  I'll track ya down,lol

                  atheniag <e.l.f.@...> wrote:
                  Hi all!

                  I have some very good news! Yuricon will have a piece of a table in
                  the Otakon Dealer's Room. Yippee! We'll be able to bring out Yuri
                  Monogatari and Rica 'tte Kanji!? to the largerst fan audience on the
                  East Coast. :-)

                  So, of course, I'm looking for people to volunteer to sit with the
                  table for a while. Because we are sharing a table, I can't offer any
                  passes of any kind...you'll have to pay your own way, as I am,  but if
                  you sit for more than a few hours, I'll buy lunch. :-)

                  I'll be there from Friday evening on. I'm not currently planning a
                  room party, but you'll know where to find me, so stop by and say hi!

                  Do you Yahoo!?
                • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                    > Plus *I* will be at Otakon, for all who missed me at Yuricon due to
                    > SARS scares. Please come tell me how much fun you all had and how it
                    > can never, ever possibly happen again so you can watch me cry like a
                    > little girl. :-D

                    Well, I wasn't sure before, but now I HAVE to go! =^.^=

                    Kun
                    ----'-,-{@
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                      From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>

                      >And just as a shameless, selfish aside, I will be turning 31 that Friday.

                      Then we'll have to do something especially mean spirited for you to
                      celebrate. :-)

                      I remember 31...wait, no I don't. Really...it just passed by like a phantom
                      birthday.

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                        Thanks all for volunteering!

                        I'm not sure of the table number yet, but I'll let you know when I get it.
                        As I said, we're sharing with SJC and ANext, two great groups of people, so
                        even if I'm not there, you'll have good company. (Perhaps better, if I'm not
                        there! LOL)

                      • Renee

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                            As long as it's funny, bring it on. ;)

                            -=-
                            Serge

                            > From: "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...>
                            > Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 09:04:15 -0400
                            > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                            > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Yuricon at Otakon
                            >
                            > From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
                            >
                            >> And just as a shameless, selfish aside, I will be turning 31 that Friday.
                            >
                            > Then we'll have to do something especially mean spirited for you to
                            > celebrate. :-)
                            >
                            > I remember 31...wait, no I don't. Really...it just passed by like a phantom
                            > birthday.

                            > http://www.yuricon.org

                            > Because fanfic does not have to suck

                          • Jamie Bonsignore