Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Yuri Movie Suggestions (OT?)

Expand Messages
  • Dark Light
    Hello all, Slowly but steadily I collect dvds with lesbian themes/movies. My very last item was Revolutionary Girl Utena - The Movie, a film that I simply
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
      Hello all,

      Slowly but steadily I collect dvds with lesbian themes/movies. My very last item was Revolutionary Girl Utena - The Movie, a film that I simply adore for many obvious (and not so obvious reasons), that I am more than willing to discuss.

      I would be really grateful if you could suggest anime movies or particular series episodes with a strong yuri theme, where the relationships are obvious and not wishful thinking. Preferably films I could buy on-line as I do not live in the US; region however is not a problem.

      Thanks in advance and appologies if I just broke any mailing-list rule, I am rather new into this.

      All the best,
      DL
      --
      ____________________________________________
      http://www.operamail.com
      Get OperaMail Premium today - USD 29.99/year


      Powered by Outblaze
    • Cyborgnut42@aol.com
      i liked what you had to say im new to the club as well and i cant seem to find anime of the said nature as well if anyone can help me id really appreciate it
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003
        i liked what you had to say

        im new to the club as well and i cant seem to find anime of the said nature as well

        if anyone can help me id really appreciate it

        thanks and i hope i have not broken any rules as well in asking for help

        sincerly

        grant
      • Trixterpriest@aol.com
        ... No rules were broken ;) Welcome to Yuricon =^.^= Please keep all hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times... A good place to start looking for yuri
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 3, 2003
          > Thanks in advance and appologies if I just broke any mailing-list rule, I am rather new into this.
          >

          No rules were broken ;) Welcome to Yuricon =^.^= Please keep all hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times...

          A good place to start looking for yuri in anime would be The List. Yuricon has a list of shoujoai/yuri anime on the official website. And we're always looking for more nominations :)

          Kun
          ----'-,-{@
        • Trixterpriest@aol.com
          ... Welcome Grant! Have you tried The List yet? It s on the Yuricon website... *does a little list dance* Kun
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 3, 2003
            > im new to the club as well and i cant seem to find anime of the said nature as well
            >

            Welcome Grant! Have you tried 'The List' yet? It's on the Yuricon website...

            *does a little list dance*

            Kun
            ---'-,-{@
          • Dark Light
            ... From: Trixterpriest@aol.com Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 07:08:53 -0400 To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Yuri Movie Suggestions (OT?) ...
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 3, 2003
              ----- Original Message -----
              From: Trixterpriest@...
              Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 07:08:53 -0400
              To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Yuri Movie Suggestions (OT?)

              > No rules were broken ;) Welcome to Yuricon =^.^= Please > keep all hands and feet inside the vehicle at all > times...
              Thanks a lot! I will keep that in mind, and wear my helmet as well :)

              > A good place to start looking for yuri in anime would be > The List.
              I have to say that I always check the obvious spots first ;). However, to the best of my understanding, the list is pretty much down to people's interpretation. For example, I have seen Ghost in the Shell and though the main hero could be described as butch (and lovely) the word lesbian didn't occured to me while watching the film.

              I was hoping to get people's opinions about films they particularily like and why do they think those films should be classified under yuri. Perhaps I set my expectations too high :) However, I did my best to pass my own knowledge -unfortunately only basic lavel information I am sure you all know- to the other neophyte here, on a personal e-mail.

              All the best,
              DL

              --
              ____________________________________________
              http://www.operamail.com
              Get OperaMail Premium today - USD 29.99/year


              Powered by Outblaze
            • Erica Friedman
              ... If I recall correctly, that series is only listed under Manga not anime, too. In the manga (the uncensored version) there is an extremely explicit
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 3, 2003
                >From: "Dark Light" <darklight@...>

                >I have to say that I always check the obvious spots first ;). However, to
                >the best of my understanding, the list is pretty much down to people's
                >interpretation. For example, I have seen Ghost in the Shell and though the
                >main hero could be described as butch (and lovely) the word lesbian didn't
                >occured to me while watching the film.

                If I recall correctly, that series is only listed under "Manga" not anime,
                too. In the manga (the uncensored version) there is an extremely explicit
                lesbian menage-a-trois.

                >I was hoping to get people's opinions about films they particularily like
                >and why do they think those films should be classified under yuri. Perhaps
                >I set my expectations too high :)

                Well, do please remembe that what to one person is explicitly lesbian, to
                another is bare acknoweldgment. :-) For instance, Card Captor Sakura is a
                perfect example. In the manga Tomoyo makes it fairly plain that she has
                designs on Sakura. In the anime, she is simply admiring and obsessed. It
                makes sense to interpret that as desire/attraction, but it can just as
                easily be passed off as hero worship.

                As for me, there are so darn few really "lesbian" characters by my
                interpretation, that it's ocassionally frustrating. For every Haruka and
                Michiru, there are many dozens of Tomoyos. And even H&M are never seen
                kissing.

                That's why I think SnB ought to be an anime. :-) THEN we'd see the overtly
                lesbian lead kissing other, completely willing, female characters, dammit!
                LOL


                Cheers,

                Erica

                Yuricon - "For real women who like their women...animated."
                http://www.yuricon.org


                "World Shaking" Fanfic - http://www.worldshaking.net
                The Fanfic Revolution - http://www.fanficrevolution.org

                Because fanfic does not have to suck

                _________________________________________________________________
                Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online
                http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963
              • Cyborgnut42@aol.com
                i have to agree with erica on what was said and i have seen ghost in the shell and i liked it but i have not been able to find the manga but a pal of mine who
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 3, 2003
                  i have to agree with erica on what was said

                  and i have seen ghost in the shell and i liked it

                  but i have not been able to find the manga but a pal of mine who has read it said that there was a few lesbian scenes with the main character

                  but that she had to have fun with her lovers via cyberspace

                  which to me would seem right since she is 100% cyborg

                  but i wish they had put it in the anime since she was as said a bit butch

                  and i also liked what was said about card captor sakura

                  with tomoyo being inspired with sakura

                  or like in sailormoon s
                  that sailor uranus and neptune are lovers but from what i have seen

                  you dont actually ever see anything

                  if i am in the wrong someone please tell me because id love to see some eps with one or the other pledging there love for one another
                  or even just a kiss

                  i hope thats not too much to ask?

                  and i also wanna say thanks to all the helpers out there for pointing me the way to look for yuri titles on the enternet

                  now that i have some titles

                  im gonna try and ask my out of town shop to order me some(i have to use an out of town place to buy,because anime is not sold and is kinda tabooed where i live)

                  thanks again

                  grant

                • Erica Friedman
                  ... Well, it is, because shoujo anime simply doesn t have much in the way of that for *any* couple...but... The Sailor Moon Super S Special (still available
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 3, 2003
                    >From: Cyborgnut42@...

                    >or like in sailormoon s
                    >that sailor uranus and neptune are lovers but from what i have seen
                    >
                    >you dont actually ever see anything
                    >
                    >if i am in the wrong someone please tell me because id love to see some eps
                    >with one or the other pledging there love for one another
                    >or even just a kiss

                    Well, it is, because shoujo anime simply doesn't have much in the way of
                    that for *any* couple...but...

                    The Sailor Moon Super S Special (still available online from VKLL
                    www.spots.ab.ca/~lamv/, as far as I know) has a 15 minute segment about
                    Haruka and Michiru, where the punchline is, "A world without Haruka isn't
                    worth saving." Plus Haruka flirts with the maid. :) All in all, worth
                    seeing.

                    But that's the best you're gonna get from them.

                    Cheers,

                    Erica

                    _________________________________________________________________
                    Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.
                    http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail
                  • Shannon Stricof
                    As for me, there are so darn few really lesbian characters by my interpretation, that it s ocassionally frustrating. For every Haruka and Michiru, there are
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 3, 2003
                      As for me, there are so darn few really "lesbian" characters by my
                      interpretation, that it's ocassionally frustrating. For every Haruka and
                      Michiru, there are many dozens of Tomoyos. And even H&M are never seen
                      kissing.

                      That's why I think SnB ought to be an anime. :-) THEN we'd see the overtly
                      lesbian lead kissing other, completely willing, female characters, dammit!
                      LOL


                      Cheers,

                      Erica

                      SnB would make a great anime. It's too bad it isn't. Maybe someday.....

                      -Shannon Ami


                      Do you Yahoo!?
                      SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
                    • Johann Chua
                      ... eps ... I suppose. But with same-sex couples a little more evidence would be nice to get out of plausible deniability. I mean, if I hadn t been exposed
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 4, 2003
                        At 10:04 PM 7/3/2003 -0400, Erica Friedman wrote:
                        >>From: Cyborgnut42@...
                        >
                        >>or like in sailormoon s
                        >>that sailor uranus and neptune are lovers but from what i have seen
                        >>you dont actually ever see anything
                        >>
                        >>if i am in the wrong someone please tell me because id love to see some
                        eps
                        >>with one or the other pledging there love for one another
                        >>or even just a kiss
                        >
                        >Well, it is, because shoujo anime simply doesn't have much in the way of
                        >that for *any* couple...but...

                        I suppose. But with same-sex couples a little more evidence would be nice to
                        get out of plausible deniability. I mean, if I hadn't been exposed to CCS
                        fandom before watching the anime, would I actually pick up that Touya and
                        Yukito _are_ a couple, rather than _likely_ to be but not definitely a
                        couple? (This was brought up by a Touya/Yukito fan on cffml.) Then again
                        Shaoran's crush on Yukito is too obvious, so isn't serious, same with Nakuru
                        chasing Touya (but most people think Nakuru is a girl). And there's the fact
                        that Touya and Yukito, like Haruka and Michiru, are supporting characters, so
                        wouldn't get the same attention main characters do.
                        --
                        Johann Chua -- HP: http://www.geocities.com/fuuma_1999/
                        "Does anything last forever? Does love? Does pain? I'll
                        tell you when I'm a thousand years old." Karen Kunawicz
                      • E.M Lason
                        Hi there I have got a problem with two yuri mangas i won.They are Love my life and Applause .They are both great comics but unfortunately only in
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 4, 2003
                          Hi there
                          I have got a problem with two yuri mangas i won.They are "Love my life " and "Applause".They are both great comics but unfortunately only in Japanese.I was searching the net for any info or translation or even small synopsis or author`s biography but i didn`t find anything! (even on famous manga bob bons web site!)
                          Please anybody can You help me to find out what these comisc are about? I will be grateful
                           
                          malicia


                          ____________________________________________________________
                          Get advanced SPAM filtering on Webmail or POP Mail ... Get Lycos Mail!
                          Login To Lycos Mail
                        • Erica Friedman
                          Try visiting the Shoujo Yuri Manga Guide on the Yuricon website. http://www.yuricon.org/symg/hym I know that love My Life is there. Cheers, Erica Yuricon -
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 5, 2003
                            Try visiting the Shoujo Yuri Manga Guide on the Yuricon website.
                            http://www.yuricon.org/symg/hym

                            I know that "love My Life" is there.



                            Cheers,

                            Erica

                            Yuricon - "For real women who like their women...animated."
                            http://www.yuricon.org


                            "World Shaking" Fanfic - http://www.worldshaking.net
                            The Fanfic Revolution - http://www.fanficrevolution.org

                            Because fanfic does not have to suck


                            >From: "E.M Lason" <govinda_jaya@...>
                            >Reply-To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                            >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Yuri Movie Suggestions (OT?)
                            >Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 09:30:41 -0700
                            >
                            >Hi there
                            >I have got a problem with two yuri mangas i won.They are "Love my life "
                            >and "Applause".They are both great comics but unfortunately only in
                            >Japanese.I was searching the net for any info or translation or even small
                            >synopsis or author`s biography but i didn`t find anything! (even on famous
                            >manga bob bons web site!)
                            >Please anybody can You help me to find out what these comisc are about? I
                            >will be grateful
                            >
                            >malicia
                            >
                            >
                            >____________________________________________________________
                            >Get advanced SPAM filtering on Webmail or POP Mail ... Get Lycos Mail!
                            >http://login.mail.lycos.com/r/referral?aid=27005

                            _________________________________________________________________
                            MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*.
                            http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus
                          • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                            ... Just for myself, I noticed it right away...I mean to say, sure two young teenage boys MIGHT ride a bike together but would the one not pedaling really be
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 7, 2003
                              > get out of plausible deniability. I mean, if I hadn't been exposed to CCS
                              > fandom before watching the anime, would I actually pick up that Touya and
                              > Yukito _are_ a couple, rather than _likely_ to be but not definitely a
                              > couple? (This was brought up by a Touya/Yukito fan on cffml.) Then again


                              Just for myself, I noticed it right away...I mean to say, sure two young teenage boys MIGHT ride a bike together but would the one not pedaling really be holding on so tight? =^.^=

                              Kun
                              ----'-,-{@
                            • Kathryn Williams
                              Sorry I ve been away for a while. I have a few I can list but most are manga and not Anime (or the shoujo ai only shows up really in the manga) Firstly my fav,
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 7, 2003
                                Sorry I've been away for a while. I have a few I can list but most are manga
                                and not Anime (or the shoujo ai only shows up really in the manga)

                                Firstly my fav, Alien 9 - I know there is only questionable scenes in the
                                Anime but that is only half the story. In volumes 2 and 3 Yuri and Kumi
                                kiss. In Vol 4 (when they are in High school) the two are living together.
                                Nothing more then kissing and confessing their love to each other but that
                                is enough for me.

                                Yokohama Kadashi Kihou as not one but severl kisses between a three girl
                                love triangle. It is very cute the way Alpha keeps blushing and fainting
                                when whe is kissed. There is an Anime for the first volume or so of the
                                Manga and a new series with focuses on Volume 7.

                                Chirality is another Manga where the girls end up together in the end.

                                I know if I dug through my anime pile I could pull out more but right now my
                                mind is still in art mode so all it can think of is The Shadowlands (Working
                                on Chapter 4 right now, Should make alot of you happy >^_^<)

                                Problem I'm running into now is finding Shoujo ai series where both girls
                                *live* in the end.

                                Anyways, I'll post more as I find them. Once I get the next installment of
                                the Shadowlands finished I'll be adding more reviews and such which I'll
                                post when they are up.

                                Well, Back to work with me.

                                jaa ne

                                Kat
                                http://www.KatAndNekoManga.ca


                                > Hello all,
                                >
                                > Slowly but steadily I collect dvds with lesbian themes/movies. My very
                                last item was Revolutionary Girl Utena - The Movie, a film that I simply
                                adore for many obvious (and not so obvious reasons), that I am more than
                                willing to discuss.
                                >
                                > I would be really grateful if you could suggest anime movies or particular
                                series episodes with a strong yuri theme, where the relationships are
                                obvious and not wishful thinking. Preferably films I could buy on-line as I
                                do not live in the US; region however is not a problem.
                                >
                                > Thanks in advance and appologies if I just broke any mailing-list rule, I
                                am rather new into this.
                                >
                                > All the best,
                                > DL
                                > --
                                > ____________________________________________
                                > http://www.operamail.com
                                > Get OperaMail Premium today - USD 29.99/year
                                >
                                >
                                > Powered by Outblaze
                                >
                                >
                                > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                                > Yuricon-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                                >
                                >
                                >
                                > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                                >
                                >
                              • Johann Chua
                                ... CCS ... again ... Need to stop reading the paper while I watch CCS reruns. (I m mostly listening for Aya Blanco as Nakuru since it got up to the Sakura
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 7, 2003
                                  At 07:51 AM 7/7/2003 -0400, Trixterpriest@... wrote:
                                  >> get out of plausible deniability. I mean, if I hadn't been exposed to
                                  CCS
                                  >> fandom before watching the anime, would I actually pick up that Touya and
                                  >> Yukito _are_ a couple, rather than _likely_ to be but not definitely a
                                  >> couple? (This was brought up by a Touya/Yukito fan on cffml.) Then
                                  again
                                  >
                                  >Just for myself, I noticed it right away...I mean to say, sure two young
                                  >teenage boys MIGHT ride a bike together but would the one not pedaling
                                  >really be holding on so tight? =^.^=

                                  Need to stop reading the paper while I watch CCS reruns. (I'm mostly
                                  listening for Aya Blanco as Nakuru since it got up to the Sakura Cards arc.)
                                  Don't recall how they usually ride together. Then again I still have fansubs
                                  of eps. 1-35 and movie 1 to tide me over till I get the DVDs.

                                  The Touya feeding Yukito scene was pretty blatant. One of the first episodes
                                  I ever saw, raw, taped off NHK BS-2.

                                  Would've been nice to notice all of it on my own, though.

                                  Going back to yuri: Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko TV. Fan favorite pairing is
                                  Yohko/Ayano, pretty much canon that Ayano loves Yohko, but the problem is
                                  Yohko's pretty much staight and only sees Ayano as a friend, unless there's
                                  something more in the novels, manga, and radio dramas. Ayano does have this
                                  slightly OOC, Tomoyo-esque expression on her face as she looks at Yohko in
                                  some of the promo art (need to scan the artbook one of these days), and of
                                  course there's the even more OOC pose she has with Yohko on the cover of TV
                                  series volume 7.

                                  Yohko/Madoka has a bit of the Ryoko/Ayeka dynamic, with the added bonus of
                                  them not fighting over a guy, but their relationship is really more like the
                                  Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote's.

                                  <Machiko> Madoka wants to catch Yohko so she can eat her?
                                  <Aya> ......
                                  <me> That's one way of putting it. More like Yohko antagonizes Madoka
                                  whenever possible, though she does like her as a friend. Sort of.
                                  --
                                  Johann Chua -- HP: http://www.geocities.com/fuuma_1999/
                                  "Does anything last forever? Does love? Does pain? I'll
                                  tell you when I'm a thousand years old." Karen Kunawicz
                                • Shannon Stricof
                                  You re always sooo busy Kat. Dont you ever relax??? -Shannon Kathryn Williams wrote: Sorry I ve been away for a while. I have a few
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 7, 2003
                                    You're always sooo busy Kat. Dont you ever relax???
                                     
                                    -Shannon

                                    Kathryn Williams <neko_haruka@...> wrote:
                                    Sorry I've been away for a while. I have a few I can list but most are manga
                                    and not Anime (or the shoujo ai only shows up really in the manga)

                                    Firstly my fav, Alien 9 - I know there is only questionable scenes in the
                                    Anime but that is only half the story. In volumes 2 and 3 Yuri and Kumi
                                    kiss. In Vol 4 (when they are in High school) the two are living together.
                                    Nothing more then kissing and confessing their love to each other but that
                                    is enough for me.

                                    Yokohama Kadashi Kihou as not one but severl kisses between a three girl
                                    love triangle. It is very cute the way Alpha keeps blushing and fainting
                                    when whe is kissed. There is an Anime for the first volume or so of the
                                    Manga and a new series with focuses on Volume 7.

                                    Chirality is another Manga where the girls end up together in the end.

                                    I know if I dug through my anime pile I could pull out more but right now my
                                    mind is still in art mode so all it can think of is The Shadowlands (Working
                                    on Chapter 4 right now, Should make alot of you happy >^_^<)

                                    Problem I'm running into now is finding Shoujo ai series where both girls
                                    *live* in the end.

                                    Anyways, I'll post more as I find them. Once I get the next installment of
                                    the Shadowlands finished I'll be adding more reviews and such which I'll
                                    post when they are up.

                                    Well, Back to work with me.

                                    jaa ne

                                    Kat
                                    http://www.KatAndNekoManga.ca


                                    > Hello all,
                                    >
                                    > Slowly but steadily I collect dvds with lesbian themes/movies. My very
                                    last item was Revolutionary Girl Utena - The Movie, a film that I simply
                                    adore for many obvious (and not so obvious reasons), that I am more than
                                    willing to discuss.
                                    >
                                    > I would be really grateful if you could suggest anime movies or particular
                                    series episodes with a strong yuri theme, where the relationships are
                                    obvious and not wishful thinking. Preferably films I could buy on-line as I
                                    do not live in the US; region however is not a problem.
                                    >
                                    > Thanks in advance and appologies if I just broke any mailing-list rule, I
                                    am rather new into this.
                                    >
                                    > All the best,
                                    > DL
                                    > --
                                    > ____________________________________________
                                    > http://www.operamail.com
                                    > Get OperaMail Premium today - USD 29.99/year
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > Powered by Outblaze
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                                    > Yuricon-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                                    >
                                    >



                                    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                                    Yuricon-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com



                                    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.


                                    Do you Yahoo!?
                                    SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
                                  • Kathryn Williams
                                    I tried to after Yuricon but didn t have much luck. Now I m a month behind schedule *sighs* But good news is I m back to working at my usually speed so should
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jul 9, 2003
                                      I tried to after Yuricon but didn't have much luck. Now I'm a month behind schedule *sighs* But good news is I'm back to working at my usually speed so should have Chapter 4 up and running by the middle of the month.
                                       
                                      I never seem to be happy unless I'm working on something *shurgs* that is just me I guess. Mind you what I consider work other consider play LOL
                                       
                                      Well, back to my scribbles.
                                       
                                      jaa ne
                                       
                                      Kat

                                      You're always sooo busy Kat. Dont you ever relax???
                                       
                                      -Shannon

                                      Kathryn Williams <neko_haruka@...> wrote:
                                      Sorry I've been away for a while. I have a few I can list but most are manga
                                      and not Anime (or the shoujo ai only shows up really in the manga)

                                      Firstly my fav, Alien 9 - I know there is only questionable scenes in the
                                      Anime but that is only half the story. In volumes 2 and 3 Yuri and Kumi
                                      kiss. In Vol 4 (when they are in High school) the two are living together.
                                      Nothing more then kissing and confessing their love to each other but that
                                      is enough for me.

                                      Yokohama Kadashi Kihou as not one but severl kisses between a three girl
                                      love triangle. It is very cute the way Alpha keeps blushing and fainting
                                      when whe is kissed. There is an Anime for the first volume or so of the
                                      Manga and a new series with focuses on Volume 7.

                                      Chirality is another Manga where the girls end up together in the end.

                                      I know if I dug through my anime pile I could pull out more but right now my
                                      mind is still in art mode so all it can think of is The Shadowlands (Working
                                      on Chapter 4 right now, Should make alot of you happy >^_^<)

                                      Problem I'm running into now is finding Shoujo ai series where both girls
                                      *live* in the end.

                                      Anyways, I'll post more as I find them. Once I get the next installment of
                                      the Shadowlands finished I'll be adding more reviews and such which I'll
                                      post when they are up.

                                      Well, Back to work with me.

                                      jaa ne

                                      Kat
                                      http://www.KatAndNekoManga.ca


                                      > Hello all,
                                      >
                                      > Slowly but steadily I collect dvds with lesbian themes/movies. My very
                                      last item was Revolutionary Girl Utena - The Movie, a film that I simply
                                      adore for many obvious (and not so obvious reasons), that I am more than
                                      willing to discuss.
                                      >
                                      > I would be really grateful if you could suggest anime movies or particular
                                      series episodes with a strong yuri theme, where the relationships are
                                      obvious and not wishful thinking. Preferably films I could buy on-line as I
                                      do not live in the US; region however is not a problem.
                                      >
                                      > Thanks in advance and appologies if I just broke any mailing-list rule, I
                                      am rather new into this.
                                      >
                                      > All the best,
                                      > DL
                                      > --
                                      > ____________________________________________
                                      > http://www.operamail.com
                                      > Get OperaMail Premium today - USD 29.99/year
                                      >
                                      >
                                      > Powered by Outblaze
                                      >
                                      >
                                      > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                                      > Yuricon-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                                      >
                                      >



                                      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                                      Yuricon-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com



                                      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.


                                      Do you Yahoo!?
                                      SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!

                                      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                                      Yuricon-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com



                                      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                                    • Shannon Stricof
                                      In that case, I hope you have fun working then. -Shannon Ami Kathryn Williams wrote: I tried to after Yuricon but didn t have much
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jul 11, 2003
                                        In that case, I hope you have fun "working" then.
                                         
                                        -Shannon Ami

                                        Kathryn Williams <neko_haruka@...> wrote:
                                        I tried to after Yuricon but didn't have much luck. Now I'm a month behind schedule *sighs* But good news is I'm back to working at my usually speed so should have Chapter 4 up and running by the middle of the month.
                                         
                                        I never seem to be happy unless I'm working on something *shurgs* that is just me I guess. Mind you what I consider work other consider play LOL
                                         
                                        Well, back to my scribbles.
                                         
                                        jaa ne
                                         
                                        Kat

                                        You're always sooo busy Kat. Dont you ever relax???
                                         
                                        -Shannon

                                        Kathryn Williams <neko_haruka@...> wrote:
                                        Sorry I've been away for a while. I have a few I can list but most are manga
                                        and not Anime (or the shoujo ai only shows up really in the manga)

                                        Firstly my fav, Alien 9 - I know there is only questionable scenes in the
                                        Anime but that is only half the story. In volumes 2 and 3 Yuri and Kumi
                                        kiss. In Vol 4 (when they are in High school) the two are living together.
                                        Nothing more then kissing and confessing their love to each other but that
                                        is enough for me.

                                        Yokohama Kadashi Kihou as not one but severl kisses between a three girl
                                        love triangle. It is very cute the way Alpha keeps blushing and fainting
                                        when whe is kissed. There is an Anime for the first volume or so of the
                                        Manga and a new series with focuses on Volume 7.

                                        Chirality is another Manga where the girls end up together in the end.

                                        I know if I dug through my anime pile I could pull out more but right now my
                                        mind is still in art mode so all it can think of is The Shadowlands (Working
                                        on Chapter 4 right now, Should make alot of you happy >^_^<)

                                        Problem I'm running into now is finding Shoujo ai series where both girls
                                        *live* in the end.

                                        Anyways, I'll post more as I find them. Once I get the next installment of
                                        the Shadowlands finished I'll be adding more reviews and such which I'll
                                        post when they are up.

                                        Well, Back to work with me.

                                        jaa ne

                                        Kat
                                        http://www.KatAndNekoManga.ca


                                        > Hello all,
                                        >
                                        > Slowly but steadily I collect dvds with lesbian themes/movies. My very
                                        last item was Revolutionary Girl Utena - The Movie, a film that I simply
                                        adore for many obvious (and not so obvious reasons), that I am more than
                                        willing to discuss.
                                        >
                                        > I would be really grateful if you could suggest anime movies or particular
                                        series episodes with a strong yuri theme, where the relationships are
                                        obvious and not wishful thinking. Preferably films I could buy on-line as I
                                        do not live in the US; region however is not a problem.
                                        >
                                        > Thanks in advance and appologies if I just broke any mailing-list rule, I
                                        am rather new into this.
                                        >
                                        > All the best,
                                        > DL
                                        > --
                                        > ____________________________________________
                                        > http://www.operamail.com
                                        > Get OperaMail Premium today - USD 29.99/year
                                        >
                                        >
                                        > Powered by Outblaze
                                        >
                                        >
                                        > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                                        > Yuricon-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                                        >
                                        >



                                        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                                        Yuricon-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com



                                        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.


                                        Do you Yahoo!?
                                        SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!

                                        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                                        Yuricon-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com



                                        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.



                                        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                                        Yuricon-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com



                                        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.


                                        Do you Yahoo!?
                                        SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
                                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.